Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dylann
It's absoklutely ****ing amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

How's chemistry? How long did it take for them to give you an offer last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Just a sidenote; I really can't say a bad word fro Durham's admin dept. They have dealt with my queries so incredibly well and been very thorough in their dealings with myself and the myriad of questions I had for them. Although it is not clear how long I will be waiting to hear from them, I am at least confident that I can contact them regarding anything I'm not sure of at any time.
If you want answers, do contact them, they respond to emails quite quickly and are incredibly good on the phone.
Original post by victoria98
How's chemistry? How long did it take for them to give you an offer last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

chemistry is good. I applied late October and got an offer late Jan.
Reply 1003
Original post by tk2631
offer for history!

Well done!! Super jealous! What are your predicted grades etc and when did you send your application off?:smile:
Any other International relations applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1005
Original post by tk2631
Thank you!!! :h: I take the IB and have 41 points predicted, but I applied way back on September 23rd.

About a month earlier than me then! How does the IB compare?
Has anyone got an offer for English yet? I sent mine off on the 30th November.
Offer!!!!! Chemistry (Industrial) offer AA since I already achieved an A* in maths. So excited. University college
Original post by cyril1448
Offer!!!!! Chemistry (Industrial) offer AA since I already achieved an A* in maths. So excited. University college

Congrats bro, I'll see you there if I get one too :smile:
Original post by FSel97
Has anyone got an offer for History yet? ☺️

I want one so much, the wait is killing me!!!
Original post by tk2631
offer for history!

Congrats! When did you send your application/when did you get your offer? Also, what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by Susie2998
Has anyone got an offer for English yet? I sent mine off on the 30th November.

Hi, yeah I got an offer for English about 2 and a half weeks ago :smile:
Original post by georgiaf
Congrats! aha thanks tho idk if they just want the grades! :biggrin:

Thank you! Yeah I think they take a holistic view to everything. If you have a strong, enthusiastic personal statement alongside those AS marks you should hopefully be fine :smile:
Original post by lawleyg
Ah well done, when did you send your application off? But no I haven't yet, sent mine off less than two weeks ago but just wanted a vague idea of how long it'll be because I haven't heard anyone mention that they've received an offer yet

Thank you! I send it late September as I was applying for an early deadline so I was very early in. In their first email to me they said they wouldn't give out offers till after the January deadline 'in interest of fairness' so I was really shocked when I got it. They usually take quite a while so I've heard so I wouldn't worry too much about it. All the best for it, I hope you get a positive response back soon :smile:
Reply 1014
Have an offer for physics I got this evening - any other physicists here? :smile:
Reply 1015
Still waiting here! :smile: what were your conditions if you don't mind?
Original post by gtown
Have an offer for physics I got this evening - any other physicists here? :smile:
Reply 1016
Original post by Padc
Still waiting here! :smile: what were your conditions if you don't mind?

Hey! :smile: I got the standard A*A*A requirement with A* in Maths and Physics - I haven't had a college allocated however even though I chose one initially, does anyone know if this is normal??
Original post by gtown
Hey! :smile: I got the standard A*A*A requirement with A* in Maths and Physics - I haven't had a college allocated however even though I chose one initially, does anyone know if this is normal??

Its normal, I believe allocation starts around February (?) Think that's what it said in my offer email! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1018
Original post by longsightdon
Its normal, I believe allocation starts around February (?) Think that's what it said in my offer email! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on your offer! That's a relief anyway, although I feel like having applied to university college there's a large chance of being reallocated:s-smilie:
Original post by gtown
Congrats on your offer! That's a relief anyway, although I feel like having applied to university college there's a large chance of being reallocated:s-smilie:

Thanks you too! And I was going to apply to university but decided against it cause don't think I would be comfortable sharing a room :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest