The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Hi guys! I've been searching around and I haven't found a thread specifically dedicated to Kings (I'm probably wrong, feel free to correct me) Nursing Applicants for September 2015.

I figured it would be good to have this so we can see when everyone is getting offers, interviews etc but also so we have people we know if we do end up firming and going to Kings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi! :smile:
I've applied for mental health nursing and have my selection day tomorrow, so nervous! Kings is my first choice and my first interview so really don't want to mess it up!

What have you applied for?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hey, I applied to do adult nursing. I got an email today with the details for my assessment day on the 18th of Feb x
Hi
I had my literacy & numeracy test for kings yesterday. I must admit it was harder than I thought it would be. There were some unexpected questions that the snap website did not even have for the numeracy test. I know it cos I practiced a lot. Overall you would find 20 mins for the numeracy is too long, and 20 mins for literacy is too short. So watch out!
Reply 4
I applied for PGDip Child Nursing, and had my numeracy and literacy test yesterday! I feel like I definitely passed the maths and found it really easy, but literacy was ridiculously not enough time and I only wrote a sentence for the biggest question, and only a couple of sentences of the second biggest!! totally gutted. I don't know how they mark the literacy, i.e. if it is a set mark i.e. 7/10 or whether its just looking at your comprehension, grammar, spelling etc as they said thats what they will be assessing in it, so hoping they will see from what I did write that I can string a sentence together! :frown: xx
Yeah the literacy test was ridiculous. I spent too much time on the first and second questions and actually wrote longer than the last questions lol. I just really hope I get through to the mmi:9.
Also I found the test environment was very relaxed, but almost too relaxed; somewhat I felt that they should have been more strict. I did see a few people still went on writing after we were told to stop, and saw someone asking for answers from another.
Tbh it's not really fair...
Reply 7
Hi there, I've got my Test Day on the 18th February, any advice from those who have already done it?
Thanks!
Reply 8
Original post by bmjordan
Hi there, I've got my Test Day on the 18th February, any advice from those who have already done it?
Thanks!

Write crazy fast on the literacy exam because it's ridiculously not enough time! Good luck x
Reply 9
Original post by AlmondCantucci
Yeah the literacy test was ridiculous. I spent too much time on the first and second questions and actually wrote longer than the last questions lol. I just really hope I get through to the mmi:9.

Me too! Haha. Do you know how it's marked? X
Reply 10
Does anyone know how the literacy test is marked? X
Original post by abgreen
Does anyone know how the literacy test is marked? X

Not sure how it's marked. But surely It will be based on grammer, comprehension etc as it is said in the invitation letter.
I guess marking for the literacy test is quite subjective...
Thanks!

All I can say is... Use your time wisely!
Reply 13
Thanks for you replies, looks like I'll be needing to wear my watch that day then, and practice fast handwriting...!
I had my test done on Feb 14th and I have just received an invitation to MMI! You should all check your email now :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by mongul90
I had my test done on Feb 14th and I have just received an invitation to MMI! You should all check your email now :wink:

Congratulations!! May I ask what MMI is? Is this an interview, a selection day? What's involved, does it give you any information about it? Would be helpful! Thank you and congratulations again! :smile:
Congratulations!! May I ask what MMI is? Is this an interview, a selection day? What's involved, does it give you any information about it? Would be helpful! Thank you and congratulations again! :smile:

MMI stands for Multiple Mini Interviews. For King's, applicants were invited to selection day first to write numeracy and literacy exams then for those who pass the exam get an invitation for MMI. I don't know much about it unfortunately, but I am assuming I will be having several short interviews rather than having two to one long conversation sort of interview. Hope this helped! x
Original post by Fionnuala95
Hi! :smile:
I've applied for mental health nursing and have my selection day tomorrow, so nervous! Kings is my first choice and my first interview so really don't want to mess it up!

What have you applied for?

Adult Nursing :smile: sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on TSR for a few days so I can't wish you luck but I hope it went well? I have a selection day on the 11th Feb and I'm so so nervous for the same reason as you!

Original post by AlmondCantucci
Hi
I had my literacy & numeracy test for kings yesterday. I must admit it was harder than I thought it would be. There were some unexpected questions that the snap website did not even have for the numeracy test. I know it cos I practiced a lot. Overall you would find 20 mins for the numeracy is too long, and 20 mins for literacy is too short. So watch out!

Thanks, that's really helpful! I think I'm more worried for numeracy because I last studied maths at GCSE level and do law (LOTS of essays) at A2 but now I'm not so sure!
If it helps, I am in my 1st year at King's and also struggled with the literacy test. My friend who applied for midwifery only wrote one line in the final Q and still got an offer. Try not to worry! It's only one of many factors that they take into account.
Original post by enterflora
If it helps, I am in my 1st year at King's and also struggled with the literacy test. My friend who applied for midwifery only wrote one line in the final Q and still got an offer. Try not to worry! It's only one of many factors that they take into account.

,That's definitely a relief! I think i'll just leave it and not to think about it until i hear from them!

Quick Reply

Latest