The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hey guys! I recieved a conditional offer for Adult Nursing at Kings! :biggrin: Had my interview on the 11th and got a reply on friday! (pretty quick) so happy!!!!
Now to stress about getting the grades and applying for finance and accommodation :/
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by Nursing123
They received mine on the 15th October and only gave me an interview for 4th March!!

hiya,

did they notify you on the MyApplication site or UCAS.
It would be on the my application website... They might take their time but u should hear within the next few weeks... I always say no news is good news!!
Original post by Nursing123
They received mine on the 15th October and only gave me an interview for 4th March!!

Good luck!! I live in London so had to do my tests first but I have an MMI on 10th March. In response to your post asking how the tests are, they're quite simple but make sure you know your ratios, percentages and just simple maths and you'll be fine! For the english I'd suggest writing under timed conditions just to get the hang of it cause the timing is SO difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had my interview and tests on the 17th, how shortly after would you hear back if you failed? I know that no news is good news so I'm hoping for that :smile:
When you all submit your application to Kings? I applied Jan 10 for Children's Nursing and haven't heard anything yet. I heard it's supposed to take 6 weeks at least but I'm still nervous!
Original post by steffanie1497
When you all submit your application to Kings? I applied Jan 10 for Children's Nursing and haven't heard anything yet. I heard it's supposed to take 6 weeks at least but I'm still nervous!

It took them 4 months to offer me the test date and I applied in mid October :smile: no news is good news I always say, so don't worry if you haven't heard, chances are they're just really backed up with sorting out dates and everything for all the applicants, although I can't say that's definitely the case

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Hi Sophie,
Living in London is pretty expensive but the only advise is to search for a shared accomodation within the campus for the main time then u may body-up with some friends to get an accomodation; which might be a bit cheaper.
I hope this help
Reply 188
I had a hard time looking for a good accommodation too but I luckily got a room at Pure City. Its reasonable and a new construction with everything included in the price. You could check it out. But staying in a student accommodation is the best decision you can make
Original post by kiiran.
Hey guys! I recieved a conditional offer for Adult Nursing at Kings! :biggrin: Had my interview on the 11th and got a reply on friday! (pretty quick) so happy!!!!
Now to stress about getting the grades and applying for finance and accommodation :/
Reply 189
Original post by enterflora
If it helps, I am in my 1st year at King's and also struggled with the literacy test. My friend who applied for midwifery only wrote one line in the final Q and still got an offer. Try not to worry! It's only one of many factors that they take into account.

Hey, i got an offer and was wondering what the timetable is like and do you do blocks of placement or is it a mixture throughout the week, also whats the earliest and latest lecture u hav had
Reply 190
Hey thanks but wouldnt it be cheaper to live opposite the main campus for nursing on stamford street so you dont need to use public transport? Also what is your time table like? whats the latest and earliest lecture times + are placements in blocks or spread with lectures too?
Original post by jazzyfizzle99
Hi everyone :smile:
I had my tests in December and MMI on Jan 8th and heard back last week - Conditional offer for PGDip Children's Nursing!!!!!! Couldn't be happier!
They said to us it would take 2-3 weeks to hear back, and it was exactly 3 weeks.
For those doing the tests I wouldn't panic too much, maths is pretty basic and you can use a calc. Just make sure you read the questions properly and definitely use the snap website if you can!
Again with the interviews I can't say much - just be yourself and honest!
Good luck to those with upcoming tests and MMI!
xx

Well done! I also had my MMI on the 8th of January and still haven't heard ANYTHING back. I'm really getting concerned now as I thought it went quite well and I reaallllyyyy wanted to go to Kings. Do you think I should just assume the worst? I've been waiting almost 7 weeks now and they haven't said a word! AHHHH!
Reply 192
Original post by stac4321
Well done! I also had my MMI on the 8th of January and still haven't heard ANYTHING back. I'm really getting concerned now as I thought it went quite well and I reaallllyyyy wanted to go to Kings. Do you think I should just assume the worst? I've been waiting almost 7 weeks now and they haven't said a word! AHHHH!

I would phone them if I were you! You might have been missed! Done give up hope! :smile:
Original post by stac4321

ive not heard anything from my MMI on the 20th jan, but dont worry ive called them a few times and i think theyre trying to sort out MMIs and tests for the upcoming people in the past few weeks so have been only slowly getting through the MMIs from jan and letting people know

dont panic too much, although i feel the same way haha
good luck :smile: xxx
Hey

Can anyone let me know how the math exam is, its not my greatest area so im quite worried is it okay or bad.

Thanks
Original post by Shannakjp
Hey

Can anyone let me know how the math exam is, its not my greatest area so im quite worried is it okay or bad.

Thanks

Hey! The maths exam is not that much to worry about, the timing is nowhere near as harsh as during the English test but make sure you know your ratios, percentages and basic maths is the advice I'd give you! There's lots of varied questions, and the pass mark is 12 out of 15 (80%) so there's some leeway if you're not sure on a question or two. But keep practising! That'll help you a lot. And keep calm too :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 196
Did you guys have to take anything to the tests apart from your ticket? I have mine tomorrow :s and wanted to check I don't need anything...

Also did they give you calculators?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rmcn24
Did you guys have to take anything to the tests apart from your ticket? I have mine tomorrow :s and wanted to check I don't need anything...

Also did they give you calculators?

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya.

I would say even bringing a ticket is not necessary as it says on your selection day guide. You do need to print out non disclosure form which is attached with your invitation to selection day, and your ID(driving linear or passport). They give you a basic calculator so just bring your own pen or pencil then you will be fine! Oh from my experience, I had a selection day only as I live close from London, and I wish I didn't dress up as much as I was (I was dressed up smartly, blouse, heels and smart skirt) but comfy and more warm as there were about 100 people in a big hall and didn't have any close contact with the staff there. Some people were in jeans and reasonably smart tops and that would have been fine for me too. Anyways, good luck with your exam :-) xxx
(edited 9 years ago)
Had my interview a few weeks ago for children's nursing and just got through my confirmation of my offer!!! Cannot wait to start! As intimidating as the interview feels before you get there the staff and interviewers are amazing and it's not stressful at all! Just be yourself and relax!!!
Reply 199
I'm based in London too so it's just the test day for me! Thanks for telling me, I won't get too dressed up today!!
Bit nervous! Also can't find a non-disclosure form....

I'm applying for children's nursing too! Congrats for getting in!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest