The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anthropology applicants for Durham (2015)?

Hey just wondering if any anthropology people have heard from Durham yet? And if you have what college/grades you are? Thanks!
Original post by sophierj
Hey just wondering if any anthropology people have heard from Durham yet? And if you have what college/grades you are? Thanks!

I got an offer to study anthropology yesterday (Jan 20th). My conditionals are AAA. I have applied for St. Chads, but I understand that this college is very oversubscribed. In the email it says that college allocation takes place in February and they will let us know by March 1rst. Hope you have had good news too.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I've had offers of AAA and ABB because I applied for both variations of Anthropology. I haven't heard anything about colleges yet but I applied to Josephine Butler. Good luck if you haven't heard yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got an offer for Anthropology for ABB on the 20th too! I applied to St Mary's, just waiting to see whether I get in there now!:smile:
Reply 4
Hello!
I received an unconditional offer on Jan 28th. I applied for anthropology and sociology at university college! As for the grades, I'm from Italy so I don't think you'll want to know mine :smile:
Reply 5
I just got my place at Durham! It's for AAA :biggrin: I applied for St Cuths but I'm just waiting for the college allocations now.
I got my offer for Durham about a month ago, I've applied for BA anthropology, so it's AAA unfortunately! I selected St Chads but have yet to hear anything form the college :frown:
Reply 7
I originally got rejected for Biological Sciences (oops) but they sent me an email with other courses I could still apply to, so I chose anthropology! But even after researching I'm still not entirely sure what it'll be like to study..:/ can anyone give me any info or websites to go to that will help?☺️ I feel so silly applying for something which I can't even explain to other people 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmaer
I originally got rejected for Biological Sciences (oops) but they sent me an email with other courses I could still apply to, so I chose anthropology! But even after researching I'm still not entirely sure what it'll be like to study..:/ can anyone give me any info or websites to go to that will help?☺️ I feel so silly applying for something which I can't even explain to other people 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, sorry you didn't get an offer for the course you wanted 😔 I think the thing I've found with anthropology so far is that it is really hard to explain because it's so big! If you have the time, reading a few of the recommended books might be helpful- https://www.dur.ac.uk/natural.sciences/freshers/rlists/anth/

I'm slightly more interested in social anthropology myself but I assume you might prefer biological? I was lucky enough to do an arch/anth summer school and some of our seminars were on aging, gendering and learning from human remains as well as learning about the Moche Giants' biology. There's also a lot of primatology, evolution and health involved too I think. Maybe looking into the modules offered in detail might help too?

I don't know if that was any help, I only know what I've tried to find out before applying so I'm sorry if it's a bit useless! 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for BA Anthropology :smile: It looks really interesting
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys c: Unconditional for Anthropology with Foundation, woop! My grades at A Level were crappy because of personal issues I had at the time, so I think I got in purely on my personal statement, reference, and the fact it's a foundation course too, which gives me time to catch up to those of you fine students who got in because of your grades :3
Has any one heard from their colleges yet? I got into Butler 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anthropology and Archaeology! And I've been allocated to Hatfield :smile:
Reply 13
Anthropology&sociology at castle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got anthropology and Hatfield - is anyone coming on Monday/Tuesday? I.e. Next week??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest