The Student Room Group

Not sure what to study

Hi, so I'm currently in 2nd year doing Physics, Astronomy and Maths and I know I want to switch, but I don't know what to exactly. I do know that I want to try the arts/humanities. To do that, I'm going to enrol in a first year course this semester since many arts courses in 2nd year only need 1 semester's worth of study to get in.
The "plan" (really what my dad wants) is that I take a joint degree in maths and an arts, so next year I'd do 2nd year arts and some more 2nd year maths.
The arts courses I'd be interested in are:
Celtic Civilisation
Central and East European Studies
Classics
Economic and Social History
History
Politics

However, CEES course I can do at 2nd year now and progress to honours next year.
I'm just not sure what to go for. I've been to classes to try them out and I have issues with anxiety, so when I look back at a lecture I wasn't sure about, I say it's down to anxiety. In terms of a career I think I want to do something that's very involved in what's happening in the world, so journalism, politics. Or I could do something which can lead to discoveries, hence should learn about peoples of the past - I find the Celtic classes quite interesting so far.
I've been told politics can be "quite dry" but it's all down to personal opinion.
I'm worried I'll choose something and then regret it, since I seem to have a habit of making bad/the wrong choices.
I know I could just stay with my course and do something very different once I graduate, but I don't want to hold myself back from doing something I could really get into. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending