The Student Room Group

Was there anything wrong in my reply?

A friend of mine randomly told me her friend (who I don't even know) is an "admirer" (of me). I responded by saying I don't want to get involved with anyone at the moment and may possibly consider one next year. Was there anything wrong in my reply? A lot of my friends are saying there was and it sounds too standoffish and that the friend who is in fact telling me about this "admirer" could possibly like me herself!
There is nothing wrong with your reply. I also have decided to have no relationships this year. It is a perfectly sensible decision to make! You may feel the need to get to know your "admirer" in order to make a well-rounded judgement of the situation, but leaving it as is, that is just fine too :smile:
I think 'I don't want to get involved with anyone at the moment' would be fine.

...'I may possibly consider one next year' just wasn't needed, unless you actually intended for it to mean 'if you're interested hang around for a year and then we'll see if I've changed my mind'.
Well hats off to you for turning down a girl. You're either crazy or asexual.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Illegal Algebra

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or maybe they're going through a period where they're too busy for a relationship or the last one didn't go too well? Why is turning down a girl crazy o_o. If you're not even into them, and they asked you out, you would say yes?
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Or maybe they're going through a period where they're too busy for a relationship or the last one didn't go too well? Why is turning down a girl crazy o_o. If you're not even into them, and they asked you out, you would say yes?

I'd definitely say yes, I want someone to talk to and to spend time with and do stuff together. Just doesn't make sense to turn it down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Illegal Algebra

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without understanding the context, that's poor judgement mate. It's not every girl that falls on your lap you have to say Yes to. If she was someone I was really attracted to, then that's a different story.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending