The Student Room Group

Should i get a tattoo on my chest?

I'm a 19 year old guy and for a few years have been interested in getting a tattoo. Nearly 2 years ago I designed a tattoo which I wanted on my chest. I decided to give it 18 months to see if I still liked the tattoo and thought if I did I would get it. Well it's 2 years later now and I still love the design. Should I get it? It's only going to be seen when I'm shirtless so can't see it having an impact on career prospect etc. Any opinions welcome :smile:
Reply 1
I've got a small tattoo across the centre of my chest. You should know it will hurt. A lot. If you get it in the centre like I did, when I goes over the centre of your ribcage, where there's no muscle tissue, the needle grinds on the bone, making it feel like there's an anvil pushing on your chest, it might be hard to breathe. Along the pectorals hurts a bit, but it's the bit on the bone that really hurts. But it will look sick after, and if you really like the design, it's worth it 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do what you feel is right. I personally despise tattoos, and I nearly got a drunken one. But if it is still in your heart after two years it can't be wrong can it?
Reply 3
I have a tattoo on my chest. It is relatively painful but not a intolerable. They use local anaesthetics which radically reduces pain. I think if you like it, then you should go for it. And it is not somewhere obvious like your hands so it won't affect you later in life that much. For example, if you want to apply for a job. But bear in mind that sometimes tattoos do not come off easily with laser surgery. And ,of course ,it is v. expensive.
tbh you will look like a clown when you're 60 with a tat across your chest
Sure, the tattoo should read......... "I'm going to regret drawing on myself with permanent marker"
Original post by Orange s0da
tbh you will look like a clown when you're 60 with a tat across your chest

Well I've got 40 years before I'm 60 - so 40 regret free years. I'm not getting some ridiculous OTT design, just a simple design on my left pec. It can easily be covered up by wearing a shirt.
Original post by Jahe
I'm a 19 year old guy and for a few years have been interested in getting a tattoo. Nearly 2 years ago I designed a tattoo which I wanted on my chest. I decided to give it 18 months to see if I still liked the tattoo and thought if I did I would get it. Well it's 2 years later now and I still love the design. Should I get it? It's only going to be seen when I'm shirtless so can't see it having an impact on career prospect etc. Any opinions welcome :smile:

It's up to you as its your body, but personally I can't stand them. They aren't going to look very attractive when your old and it goes all saggy and wrinkly is it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would go for it! If you like it after this long you'll be fine. I have done the same and I still like mine so I will get it done soon, just trying to decide where to have it! And to be honest, I think by the time you are old enough to have a saggy chest you don't care.. I would be more sad about the sagging than the design being obscured haha
Go for it but be prepared for some amount of pain.

What design is it, post it up?

I can't wait to get my next! : D
I remember some fool who got "In life comes death" tatooed over his chest. :rolleyes:
Reply 11

Quick Reply

Latest