The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Primary PGCE 2015

Hi everyone :smile:

I have been offered, and have accepted a place on the Primary PGCE for September 2015 and was just looking for others to talk to prior to starting in September.

How is everyone feeling about September? How are you preparing? Are you still studying this year? What is your background?

Feel free to post if you are on the Primary PGCE in September for Newcastle :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,

I've been offered a place but still need to sit my skills tests which are booked in a few weeks. I received all information through the post and there seems a fair bit to do!

Becki
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Becki,

I thought this too when I received the work - especially when some things have to be back 12th June! I've had Friday and today off to get some of it done - I feel like a student again already!

Hayley
Hey!

I'm not sure if you're still checking this thread but I'll be attending Newcastle for the Primary PGCE this coming September. I'm 21 years old and I only graduated a few months ago so it's a little surreal to be diving straight back into education but I am looking forward to the change in focus. I spent the last three years studying English Literature at Durham University, and I'm from Newcastle so thankfully I know the area and plan to live at home for the next year while I complete the PGCE.

I'd love to speak to you because, as I hope you will agree, I'm starting to grow very nervous about the first day and the expectations, etc. so I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the various aspects of the pre-course tasks with someone!

- Lucy
Reply 4
Original post by lucyjones63
Hey!

I'm not sure if you're still checking this thread but I'll be attending Newcastle for the Primary PGCE this coming September. I'm 21 years old and I only graduated a few months ago so it's a little surreal to be diving straight back into education but I am looking forward to the change in focus. I spent the last three years studying English Literature at Durham University, and I'm from Newcastle so thankfully I know the area and plan to live at home for the next year while I complete the PGCE.

I'd love to speak to you because, as I hope you will agree, I'm starting to grow very nervous about the first day and the expectations, etc. so I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the various aspects of the pre-course tasks with someone!

- Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Yes I am still checking the thread - it's always good to know someone who will be there in September. Where abouts do you live? I moved to the area last Friday and have just about settled in. I'm working myself up about the first day too!

Hayley
Original post by hebdon15
Hi Lucy,

Yes I am still checking the thread - it's always good to know someone who will be there in September. Where abouts do you live? I moved to the area last Friday and have just about settled in. I'm working myself up about the first day too!

Hayley

I used to live in Gosforth but my dad recently remarried and we moved to Roker, which is the coastline near to Sunderland. Sadly this means my commute doubled while I live with him but it's worth it if it means that I can still spend my weekdays in Newcastle! Are you enjoying the area so far?

Without wishing to bombard you with questions, how far through the tasks are you? Have you prepared your reading episode yet?

- Lu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending