The Student Room Group

I thought this was a compliment...she didn't.

So I'm out at this after-work social at a bar in Oxford and I was talking to a girl I work with. We've been working together for a few months now. I think she's single but I've never really asked; no ring anyways.

After a few drinks I'm picking up some seriously good vibes from her. I tell her that she has 'eyes like an angel but lips for sin' with a bit of a grin on my face.

She then proceeds to say 'how dare you' and walks off and actually goes home.

I don't understand what I said wrong. It's hardly like saying 'nice tits'...

I am am not looking forward to Monday morning :/

Scroll to see replies

Pretty ****ing weird and gay chat up line mate
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
A bit presumptions mate. Apologise and see if you can get back on an even keel.
Ahehehe lips for sin, she thinks you wanted kisses in special places, poor lad.

(If it's awks you might literally have to explain you were referring to the way she speaks, not that she has Fellatiolips)
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
After a few drinks I'm picking up some seriously good vibes from her. I tell her that she has 'eyes like an angel but lips for sin' with a bit of a grin on my face.

This is actually one of the worst things I have ever heard.

I have said some stupid things to women in my time, but this puts me in the amateur leagues of stupidity.
Nooooo so she has really pretty eyes and she talks in quite a seductive way and she was doing so it seemed appropriate...

Haha, unlucky, but yeah it will take some convincing but yeah maybe a gift will make up for your epic polysemy fail!
Reply 6
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Ahehehe lips for sin, she thinks you wanted kisses in special places, poor lad.

(If it's awks you might literally have to explain you were referring to the way she speaks, not that she has Fellatiolips)

Oh dear. The thing is how am I meant to say the words... Hi. Friday night, I wasn't implying that you should give me a blowjob.

How can even mention the word blowjob to her at work :/

I can't believe that she would have thought this anyway...
Oh dear. The thing is how am I meant to say the words... Hi. Friday night, I wasn't implying that you should give me a blowjob.

How can even mention the word blowjob to her at work :/

I can't believe that she would have thought this anyway...

Yeah that won't be good. Just, uh..feel it out and..react to her behaviour, she might be ok :dontknow:
Original post by Andrew657Thomas
''But lips for sin'' Sounds like you wanted her to give you a BJ :l Have fun on your day back!

Lmao this...yikes. OP, just learn from this and never ever use that line again.
Reply 9
Wow I think that's an awesome compliment I'd love for a guy to say that to me but I'm weird like that I like when people hint at my naughty side. I think it was a lucky escape for you. Do you really want to date a girl who is so uptight and easily offended... She would be pure drama!!
Reply 10
Original post by jazjaz
Wow I think that's an awesome compliment I'd love for a guy to say that to me but I'm weird like that I like when people hint at my naughty side. I think it was a lucky escape for you. Do you really want to date a girl who is so uptight and easily offended... She would be pure drama!!

^
This right here is why no-one should ever take advice from women about other women.

You get a lot of this "I would love it if...." depending on the scenario flowers/compliment/gift etc. But the reality is completely different. A girl says she'd like that on an internet forum, you say it to her IRL, and she'll very likely punch you in the throat.

It's all contingent on the rather inconvenient prerequisite that she fancies the person saying it to her in the first place, in which case, you could just turn up to a date with last week's Metro as a present and say"tits wibble fish" and she'd be all over you.
Original post by Clip
^

It's all contingent on the rather inconvenient prerequisite that she fancies the person saying it to her in the first place, in which case, you could just turn up to a date with last week's Metro as a present and say"tits wibble fish" and she'd be all over you.

As is all of flirting.

You can have the best lines in the world and you won't make a girl that finds you ugly, like you.
Original post by jazjaz

Thanks! i was hoping she thought it was a bit edgy but liked it
inb4 op is this guy:

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Clip
^
This right here is why no-one should ever take advice from women about other women.

You get a lot of this "I would love it if...." depending on the scenario flowers/compliment/gift etc. But the reality is completely different. A girl says she'd like that on an internet forum, you say it to her IRL, and she'll very likely punch you in the throat.

Actually I did say that I was weird like that and I would like that I never said all women would like it. But I don't think she had to throw a paddy and storm over it if she didn't like it sounds like a drama queen.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
I can't imagine anyone actually saying that. So creepy...you'll probably not recover from that.

Just stay away from her is my advice. She's probably on red alert and ready to scream sexual harassment if you so much as look at her.
Reply 16
Original post by jazjaz
Actually I did say that I was weird like that and I would like that I never said all women would like it. But I don't think she had to throw a paddy and storm over it if she didn't like it sounds like a drama queen.

What I'm saying is that in my experience, there's a fair chance that you wouldn't like it either (IRL).
Reply 17
Thanks! i was hoping she thought it was a bit edgy but liked it

Like I say I have odd taste but even if I didn't like it I would throw a paddy like she did! You can't say boo to some people without them throwing a fit.
OP don't use chat up lines, they don't work

The only one that's really good is the Australia down under French kiss one.

**** the chat up lines. Just don't use them
Original post by PangXie
I can't imagine anyone actually saying that. So creepy...you'll probably not recover from that.

Just stay away from her is my advice. She's probably on red alert and ready to scream sexual harassment if you so much as look at her.

Isn't this going a bit far?!

Quick Reply

Latest