The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2015 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by epine
Please, can anybody help me to choose where is better to do MA in Comp Lit? Goldsmiths or Queen Mary?
I’m completely lost. I got a conditional offer from Goldsmiths and unconditional from QMUL. There is no time left to reply.
I'm applying from abroad, so I know nothing about them both and it's a HUGE effort for me to study in uk so i really want to choose wisely. I've read too many stuff online, asked lots of people on tumblr and it made me even more confused.
They say goldsmiths is more artsy type and qmul is all about science and only good for medicine, also i still can't get which one is in a better area (looks like they both are not??).
I'm an art critic and sort of nerd, so i'm looking for something academically advantageous, my studies and career perspectives are really important to me.

please please help :cry2:

Queen Mary, because QM is a russel group and is based in london which can give you a networking advantage. Dont know anything about goldsmiths so cant say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 121
Original post by Cpn.ITried
Queen Mary, because QM is a russel group and is based in london which can give you a networking advantage. Dont know anything about goldsmiths so cant say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because queen Mary is a Russell group doesn't make it any better as its at the bottom of the Russell group uni's. Goldsmith is in London aswell so similar opportunities will be available. Queen Mary is slightly higher for computer science (not the same course but couldn't find it for computer lit) than goldsmith on the league table but not by that much so really it just depends on the course modules preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by r-t
Just because queen Mary is a Russell group doesn't make it any better as its at the bottom of the Russell group uni's. Goldsmith is in London aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I said I dont know much about Goldsmith. "Bottom of russel group"...still a russel group.
Reply 123
Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I said I dont know much about Goldsmith. "Bottom of russel group"...still a russel group.

Alright, I've firmed queen Mary aswell but thought I'd just let you know :smile: id probably have gone for goldsmith given the better rep for business which is what I'm planning to do but they both sound pretty decent

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Adziee
Hey guys, i've firmed my offer for English Language and Linguistics..Fingers crossed I get ABB! So happy though, didn't think i'd get an offer :smile:. Anyone else doing this course?

I'm doing English Language and Linguistics! I haven't found anyone else doing it, so excited!
Original post by serenajade
I finally got around to firming them for English Lit yesterday, with RHUL as my insurance.
France house is where I want, but I'm just going to select that price bracket given that there are only two options with that price anyway so I figure I've got a 50/50 chance.
Also, if any other English qmul firmers (or any other subject!~) want to chat I'd love to get to know some people given that I'm heading over from Wales!

Hey I'm a Welshie and an English student! (Language that is...)
Where in Wales are you from?
Starting Biomedical Sciences in September :smile: I just finished my second year of Law at Kent and transferring.
Has anyone got an unconditional for Queen Mary and for what subject? On what basis did they offer it to you?

I want to apply for Economics for 2016 entry :smile:
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Has anyone got an unconditional for Queen Mary and for what subject? On what basis did they offer it to you?

Hey! Yes I got an unconditional (through extra!) for Law as I had the grades they needed...mainly A*AA
Hey! Yes I got an unconditional (through extra!) for Law as I had the grades they needed...mainly A*AA

Did you apply on a gap year? That's probably why it was unconditional because you got the grades already :tongue:

I was mainly asking for those who haven't achieved their grades yet but are still given an unconditonal
Firmed QMUL for Law M100! :biggrin:

Yh me to,

My offer is A*AA, is yours the same?
Original post by hay_gra
Firmed for International Relations, their offer was 1 grade higher than my predicted in one of my subjects though so i'm doubting I'll get in :frown:

Hey finally an IR buddy! I've also firmed them for IR :smile: but don't worry I'm sure they liked you that's why they gave you an offer
Original post by SheLikeTheMango

I recieved an unconditional from QM for History & politics. It was only unconditional if I firmed them, or else it would be a regular offer of 34 IB points. I declined the offer but I'm now starting QM for a different course haha.

I think the reason I got a conditional unconditional offer was because I applied with a much higher predicted than their usual applicants/offers. Not to toot my own horn too much, but I also spent a lot of time on my PS. I did about 4 drafts starting in September to January with lots of experience and outside knoweldge. I felt like my PS captured myself pretty well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Heya, does anyone have a rough idea on how competitive the management and marketing course is in qmul?
Original post by Shamoo28
Heya, does anyone have a rough idea on how competitive the management and marketing course is in qmul?

There's probably something useful here;

https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/overview/10007775FT-UBSF-QMBUSM1-USMAM/ReturnTo/Search

Thaanks! There's actually a lot useful info there :smile:
except for the competitive part, which i just figured, that no one would actually 'know' as uni's usually keep specific admission rates secret

oh well :frown:
this course wasnt on clearing so i am kind of scared after making assumptions based on that
Original post by Shamoo28
Thaanks! There's actually a lot useful info there :smile:
except for the competitive part, which i just figured, that no one would actually 'know' as uni's usually keep specific admission rates secret

oh well :frown:
this course wasnt on clearing so i am kind of scared after making assumptions based on that

No problem. Yes, it's normally word-of-mouth that reveals how competitive a given course is.

Less than a month to go.......
Hey guys did anybody get their accomodation offers yet??
Reply 138
I got my accommodation offer two days ago. I'm at Beaumont court 8C! Confirmed place for Law!
(edited 8 years ago)
I got placed at Ifor Evans Place. Anybody else??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending