The Student Room Group

how much math?

Im thinking about doing some sort of math course over the summer since i havnt done much maths since GCSE. All the unis i applied to didnt say they require it but i would like some students opinions, am i going to have troubles doing computer science part of my course with only a grade B at GCSE maths and should i do a course in the summer to get me up to speed?

Ive always blamed my crappy performance in maths exams because im to busy messing around with coding, but still.
Depends on the course.

Some Computer Science courses require SERIOUS maths. Like A2 Further Maths level. Why not have a look at the course description/suggested reading? But it might help to get your maths up to scratch at any rate; CompSci will require it. :wink:
non of my courses required maths at a level to do, but then saying that nottingham said it wanted math or computing. I guess they let me get away with ict becuase i had a decent personal statement or something. Are there any short course math qualifications that i could do over the summer? in may twice a week evening classes or something?

Latest

Trending

Trending