The Student Room Group

Courtauld MA

Hello! I was just wondering if anyone has been contacted for an interview by the Courtauld Institute of Art (MA Art History or MA Curating).
I know they said they would contact between February and March-- which is quite a large margin. Has anyone been contacted for an interview yet?

Scroll to see replies

Not yet. Waiting, too. Feeling anxious.

I applied to the contemporary art MA in Art History options.

I'm curious what other programs did you apply to, if any?
Reply 2
Still haven't heard anything either :/ Waiting is the worst.

Applied to Reframing the Italian Renaissance
Reply 3
Ok! thats a relief-- I applied to Sex and Violence 1960s-Now (and clearing) and Curating the Art Museum.
Something tells me they'll get in touch in the last week of February.
Reply 4
I'm still waiting too... so anxious
Applied to Documentary Reborn and Chinese Contemporary Art
Reply 5
I think they are starting to send out results around now. Just got an email from one of the special options tutors at the "Reframing the Italian Renaissance" with a conditional offer! Did not interview.

So happy right now! and also a bit worried, just got a bad final mark in a relevant subject (had a bad day during the exam). Hopefully I will be able to make up for it before I have to send my complete transcript.

Good luck with results everyone!
Reply 6
Wow! Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll be fine if they have given you an offer-- as long as you don't bomb. Well done :smile:
Reply 7
Anyone heard from the Fashion or 19th century design special options?

My references were quite late in submitting their letters. Hope I didn't get passed over because of it...
Reply 8
I applied to the MA in Curating the Art Museum and haven't heard anything yet. I've been stalking the grad school admissions results over at GradCafe and saw that a few people have received acceptances to the Art History MA in the past couple of days, so it should be coming soon! Anyone hear anything from the Curating program yet?
I had an interview on Monday (2/16) and got the offer today (2/21) ! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by andreastulta
I had an interview on Monday (2/16) and got the offer today (2/21) ! :smile:

Congratulations!

Which option did you get in to?
Reply 11
Has anyone else heard back yet? I had an interview yesterday for Remade in China but haven't had any news on Documentary Reborn.
Reply 12
Ya so did I-- I was waitlisted for Mignon Nixon's course, which was my 1st choice, although I had an interview with Wenny Teo yesterday. Still no word from the curating course though.
Did you interview for the Mignon Nixon class?

I am starting to feel like most decisions have been made. They are certainly letting the information trickle out slowly...
Artsy92: Did you interview for the Mignon Nixon class?

I am starting to feel like most decisions have been made. They are certainly letting the information trickle out slowly...
Reply 15
I still haven't heard anything from Curating either. I'm a little bit frustrated, as we were supposed to hear at least about an interview by the end of February. Then again, I suppose no news is good news.
Reply 16
No, I didn't interview, but I don't think every tutor does...
Yeah, its a bit annoying but I spoke to one of my tutors about the whole thing, an alumna of the courtauld, that they only have one person or something running admissions and it gets a little disorganised. So wouldn't worry yet, but I'd rather know sooner rather than later. Put in a quick application with UCL in the mean time as they are rolling admissions.
Reply 17
Had an interview with the professor for my first choice (Victorian and Edwardian interiors) and it went really well.

Fingers crossed! Hope more options start sending out results soon.
Reply 18
Any further news on the Curating MA? The wait is killing me!
Reply 19
Also, anyone heard back about Documentary Reborn?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending