The Student Room Group

girls what do YOU prefer a man that is respected or feared

If you had to pick one

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
I've been with a feared man before and it's very exciting.

But in the long run, I'd prefer him to be respected.
Respected.
Respected.
I honestly don't care either way; I feel like being with a feared guy would make me a bit nervy but being with a respected guy would make me feel inferior.
'respect' is too broad a descriptive. Could mean anything from a soldier to Gandalf.
Respected
Reply 8
Respected definitely.
Reply 9
Respected. As he'd know how to respect me, because if he is clearly respected by others it means he must have showed respect towards them. Whereas a feared man, may not know how to show respect to me...and people will not like to be around him- I don't like being anti-social.

So respected...
What kind of horrible man would he have to be to be feared?? I'd rather he be respected. Even if he wasn't horrible to me, he's still a dick
Reply 11
Its like asking what do you prefer chocolate or bread. Everyone knows the answer :smile:
Respected obviously.

And I have no respect for anyone who uses fear as a form of power. Its cowardice and ugly.
Respected (and for good reasons!) I don't find intimidating people very attractive at all.
Original post by grozdeto
Its like asking what do you prefer chocolate or bread. Everyone knows the answer :smile:

So whats the answer?
Why can't we just have both?
Respected. Less chance of him being a total dickwad.
Respected.
Any man who relies on other people's fear for the sake of appearing powerful has security problems deep down, and instilling fear is a form of compensation. :tongue:
Original post by Meddabee
Respected. As he'd know how to respect me, because if he is clearly respected by others it means he must have showed respect towards them. Whereas a feared man, may not know how to show respect to me...and people will not like to be around him- I don't like being anti-social.

So respected...

And if the feared man did show respect to you? Would the answer still be the same?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending