The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What uni's are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 2
Schmeevey
What uni's are you thinking of applying to?

All the ones that do the BMAT (except cambridge) and KCL. (hopefully)
Reply 3
Hey, i got 16.4 and i'm at UCL now. One of my friends got 15.3 and she's here as well!

ALTHOUGH it is quite a rarity, most people here have around the 19-21.5 mark....
woah..damn not lookin forward to gettin me bmat results..i defo wnt get 19 or so..and i soo wana go to UCL as wel!
Reply 5
danielf90
Hey, i got 16.4 and i'm at UCL now. One of my friends got 15.3 and she's here as well!

ALTHOUGH it is quite a rarity, most people here have around the 19-21.5 mark....

It's not a rarity... Far from it... You must just be around a clever bunch of people... Anywayz, you got nowt to worry about... What you get in a stupid intelligence test is no indication of how you'll do in the end of the years...

Btw, when I was in the 1st year... We were all paranoid that we'd fail... but trust me when you see that every single person you knew passed - even those that didn't really diserve to - you'll look back and realise how pointless worrying about it all was... So chill when you have your exams... and don't stress about the formatives... It ain't worth it... I messed up the November ones but did amazing in the end of years...
Reply 6
Hey, thought you may be interested to know that I an interview from UCL the day after I sat my BMAT, so they can't have got my BMAT result already. The result clearly doesn't always matter, don't worry about it.
i heard from a mate..that her mate got in2 ucl with an average of 3!!

gotta chek up on the year of entry and other academic info of that person
mortderire
i heard from a mate..that her mate got in2 ucl with an average of 3!!

gotta chek up on the year of entry and other academic info of that person

Well those who have done really badly and still got in tend to have been given interviews before the BMAT results were released (for UCL). I think it's given a lot of weight.
Reply 9
Revenged
It's not a rarity... Far from it... You must just be around a clever bunch of people... Anywayz, you got nowt to worry about... What you get in a stupid intelligence test is no indication of how you'll do in the end of the years...

Btw, when I was in the 1st year... We were all paranoid that we'd fail... but trust me when you see that every single person you knew passed - even those that didn't really diserve to - you'll look back and realise how pointless worrying about it all was... So chill when you have your exams... and don't stress about the formatives... It ain't worth it... I messed up the November ones but did amazing in the end of years...

Thanks for the advice, but i'm not worrying. I know the BMAT means nothing in terms of natural intelligence as i'm picking up and remembering work much quicker than my friends who got str8 A*s and good BMAT's!

Previous academics really dont matter!

...Formative results tomorrow, so we'll see then! lol
Reply 10
Who's_buying?
Well those who have done really badly and still got in tend to have been given interviews before the BMAT results were released (for UCL). I think it's given a lot of weight.

I got the last interview date of the session, altho i dont know whether my results is classed as 'really bad'.... the essay let me down (having read thru it again, 6 was a V generous score!)

gud luck with that

and i think u need to re-edit ur sig
Reply 12
mortderire
gud luck with that

and i think u need to re-edit ur sig

thnks for that! I'd rep u, but ive used it up today already!
Reply 13
danielf90

Good luck with the results... You should be fine...
Reply 14
Revenged
Good luck with the results... You should be fine...

Since ur all obviously in suspense...

I came in the 82nd centile! YAY! go me! lol

SO, this proves that the BMAT means nothing! haha :biggrin:
How do you know, what do you mean by formative results? I thought they purely came out on the 30th.
Reply 16
Philosoraptor
How do you know, what do you mean by formative results? I thought they purely came out on the 30th.

I'm AT UCL now. I'm in my first year and we just got back our exam results....

Having received a v bad BMAT score (one of the worst in my year), i then went on to come in the 82nd percentile! (i.e. better than 82% of the year)....
Reply 17
danielf90
I'm AT UCL now. I'm in my first year and we just got back our exam results....

Having received a v bad BMAT score (one of the worst in my year), i then went on to come in the 82nd percentile! (i.e. better than 82% of the year)....

Congratulations...

I've heard that they've changed the OSPE...

Do you not have to do embryology and histology in it anymore?

I got an "F" in embryology last year... So I'm hoping that they've got rid of it...
Reply 18
Revenged
Congratulations...

I've heard that they've changed the OSPE...

Do you not have to do embryology and histology in it anymore?

I got an "F" in embryology last year... So I'm hoping that they've got rid of it...

Embryology and histology were NOT in the OSPE but they were quite heavy in the MCQ. I hate them both...oh well!
Reply 19
danielf90
Embryology and histology were NOT in the OSPE

Cheers... That's great news...

Latest

Trending

Trending