The Student Room Group

Low ucat score

Hi, I don’t know what to do I got 2390 in my ucat (my computer minimised for a couple of minutes)
Does anyone know any unis which would accept this for medicine?
Predicted AAA
I don’t know if I should take a gap year or maybe go abroad??
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Raz6
Hi, I don’t know what to do I got 2390 in my ucat (my computer minimised for a couple of minutes)

See: https://www.themedicportal.com/blog/where-to-apply-with-a-low-ucat-score/
Reply 2
Is there any way of knowing the ucat cut-offs from last year for someone with a low score?
Original post by Newbie22
Is there any way of knowing the ucat cut-offs from last year for someone with a low score?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?vmid=1664439&u=5444678#vmessage1664439
Reply 6
Original post by Raz6
Predicted AAA

Hi. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you had it annotated at the time? Mitigating tech issues like that will be important to note.

Have you considered BMAT? It might be worth a go.
Reply 7

Hi Chi Chi is there a way of shating this as a download too please from your public messages in some way?

I know it prob makes it more difficult esp as you and Reubenn are still tweakong it. It just some people (likw me!) find the wholr one drive business a challenge...
Reply 8
Thanks so much for the reply.
They said that I won’t be able to sit it again or have annotations, so I don’t really know what to do. This score is drastically different to my medify ones but whatever happens happens I guess.
Yeh I think I might to the BMAT but it’s a such a risk game

Original post by GGIN
Hi. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you had it annotated at the time? Mitigating tech issues like that will be important to note.

Have you considered BMAT? It might be worth a go.
sure
Original post by GGIN
Hi Chi Chi is there a way of shating this as a download too please from your public messages in some way?

I know it prob makes it more difficult esp as you and Reubenn are still tweakong it. It just some people (likw me!) find the wholr one drive business a challenge...
Reply 10
Original post by Raz6
Thanks so much for the reply.
They said that I won’t be able to sit it again or have annotations, so I don’t really know what to do. This score is drastically different to my medify ones but whatever happens happens I guess.
Yeh I think I might to the BMAT but it’s a such a risk game

I am not sure why they refused an annotation tbh. But if they did that is that option gone. Unless there is an appeal function?

Being frank. Its a low score without annotations. Applying anywhere with that score without annotations or ex circs would be a risk.

In that context BMAT is less risky. And should you have probs with BMAT then a gap year it is and smash your A levels out.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Personally I wouldnt consider overseas until had pushed through the UCAS system at least once.

Do you have a lot of Wex? Non shadowing, but volunteering or similar? If so you could poss look at Sundrrland or Keele and target your PS accordingly. But if possible I would focus on BMAT. You may find it easier than UCAT as it is knowledge based not sqiggly lines and stuff !
Reply 11
Hi,

Have you considered QUB? Invite to interview is based on a score which is made up of UCAT score and GCSE grades.
Reply 12
Original post by Chi chi5
sure

Thanks you much again !

Sorry !
Reply 13

This is for 2022 entry and is slightly off the 2023 mark. Check out thr link that Chi Chi has posted to her homepage with this years spreadsheet on it (inc 2023 cut offs)

Also thr SJT B4 info is also incorrect for 2023. Check on the actual medicine school websites for details.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by GGIN
I am not sure why they refused an annotation tbh. But if they did that is that option gone. Unless there is an appeal function?

Being frank. Its a low score without annotations. Applying anywhere with that score without annotations or ex circs would be a risk.

In that context BMAT is less risky. And should you have probs with BMAT then a gap year it is and smash your A levels out.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Personally I wouldnt consider overseas until had pushed through the UCAS system at least once.

Do you have a lot of Wex? Non shadowing, but volunteering or similar? If so you could poss look at Sundrrland or Keele and target your PS accordingly. But if possible I would focus on BMAT. You may find it easier than UCAT as it is knowledge based not sqiggly lines and stuff !

I had a week placement at a hospital and I’ve done volunteering in a care home and with children with disabilities.
Original post by Raz6
Predicted AAA

hi raz I got in with this score!
Reply 16
Original post by medictutor
hi raz I got in with this score!

Hey! Thank you so much! What unis did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending