University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Murray Edwards College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by rosietheology

it was lovely!
unfortunately I just got an offer from Fitz! (which was my 1st choice, so can't compain!)
but at least I am close by and can sneak into your formal halls!

Congratulations! :smile:

Fitz is a great college (my boyfriend goes there so I spent a lot of time there the past couple of years, it's got a particularly good bar).

I'd definitely recommend our formals. Sadly the food at Fitz isn't that great...

If you've got course related questions you want answering I'm happy to help!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 381
Hey ppl, u noe i m in a really wierd condition ryt nuw,....the decisions are posted...but the post here is soooo bad that i havent evn recieved my interview letter yet.....i dunno wat tu du nuw....cn u guys help??..plzzz
Original post by esr33
Congratulations! :smile:

Fitz is a great college (my boyfriend goes there so I spent a lot of time there the past couple of years, it's got a particularly good bar).

I'd definitely recommend our formals. Sadly the food at Fitz isn't that great...

If you've got course related questions you want answering I'm happy to help!

Thank you! - I was wondering what modules you took in your first year? I want to take both New and Old Testament, but was wondering if this is common to do/stressful?
:confused:

All I know is that i'm definitely taking NT, Greek, Who is Jesus Christ?, World religions!

and I totally remember meeting you now! you did Hebrew right?!
Also, when I was up for my choral interview in september, I met Cheney in the pub!
(edited 13 years ago)
hey i've recently been pooled to ME for medicine
i've got interviews on 14th jan!!! :s-smilie: how are pool interviews compared to first round ones?
thank u xxx :smile:
Reply 384
Original post by Bubbles2010
hey i've recently been pooled to ME for medicine
i've got interviews on 14th jan!!! :s-smilie: how are pool interviews compared to first round ones?
thank u xxx :smile:

Pool interviews are pretty much the same as normal interviews- they might ask you a few general questions before the subject-specific bit, they might not. The only significant difference for me was how much longer it was, as my pool interview lasted about as long as my first two interviews put together.

Good luck!
Original post by Skittle

Original post by Skittle
Pool interviews are pretty much the same as normal interviews- they might ask you a few general questions before the subject-specific bit, they might not. The only significant difference for me was how much longer it was, as my pool interview lasted about as long as my first two interviews put together.

Good luck!

ok thanks!!! well i've got 2 interviews at Murray Edwards on friday, so hopefully they'll go ok :smile: :smile:
Reply 386
ok thanks!!! well i've got 2 interviews at Murray Edwards on friday, so hopefully they'll go ok :smile: :smile:

I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. I'm helping out a bit with interviews in the evenings so I might see you around :smile:
Original post by Skittle

Original post by Skittle
I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. I'm helping out a bit with interviews in the evenings so I might see you around :smile:

:smile: thanks!! see u there then! :smile:
Original post by glaucon
Hey I'm at New Hall now (1st year philosophy) if you have any questions feel free to ask :biggrin:

Hi there,

I have just been offered a place at New Hall after being pooled!! Very happy :smile:
I happened to see that you are at New Hall already! and wondered if you could tell me a bit about what it is like, as I have never seen it before! Does it bother you that it is all girls? how far is it from the centre of Cambridge? what is the atmosphere like?

Thanks for your help!
Original post by theduffy
I've been pooled to New Hall too! For History. Really not looking forward to another interview!!!

Anyone else slightly worried about it bing all-girls? That was the only thing that I didn't think I wanted. But then again, having looked at the website, maybe there are a few advantages?

Hi there! I have just had an offer from New Hall too, for anthropology. and Yes I am also worried about it being all girls! But I am slowly coming round to the idea, it is only where you sleep I guess! The buildings look nice, but Ive never actually been there, have you?
Original post by LydiaGrace
Does it bother you that it is all girls? how far is it from the centre of Cambridge? what is the atmosphere like?

Heya I'm a first year at Murray Edwards too :biggrin: I was also quite worried last year when I got pooled here for the same reason about all-girls. But don't worry! You'll come to love all the girls really, and honestly I can't imagine being in any other college now. It's amazing how I just never noticed the fact that I'm in an all-female college. Plus you get loads of chances to meet guys outside college if you want :tongue:

And Murray Edwards is pretty laid back in terms of atmosphere, so don't worry : ) Building is on the small side but it doesn't really matter imo.

Oh and, welcome!
Original post by ultramarine
Heya I'm a first year at Murray Edwards too :biggrin: I was also quite worried last year when I got pooled here for the same reason about all-girls. But don't worry! You'll come to love all the girls really, and honestly I can't imagine being in any other college now. It's amazing how I just never noticed the fact that I'm in an all-female college. Plus you get loads of chances to meet guys outside college if you want :tongue:

And Murray Edwards is pretty laid back in terms of atmosphere, so don't worry : ) Building is on the small side but it doesn't really matter imo.

Oh and, welcome!

That is so reassuring to hear, thankyou! I think it was just initial apprehension about it being all girls, as I had never really considered it before I got pooled to Murray Edwards. I am coming up to stay for the open day thingy in march, so hopefully that will give me a good feel for the college! Can't wait! It still hasnt sunk in that I have been offered a place!

What subject are you doing?
Original post by bite_of_cake
Hey, me too! Pooled to Murray Edwards for MML. I was a bit dubious at first as well..my first thought was, MORE single-sex education..?! but then realised it's just accommodation really..Still Cambridge!

Also, you have such a nice offer - jealous!

Anyone going on the offer-holders' event in March? :smile:

Hey, I have also been pooled to Murray Edwards! I was also a bit concerned about the all-girls thing, and it seems the other people on the student room that I have spoken to felt the same! Hopefully the open day in march will get rid of our concerns! Afterall it is only accomodation, its not like we will never see a boy again!
Original post by LydiaGrace
That is so reassuring to hear, thankyou! I think it was just initial apprehension about it being all girls, as I had never really considered it before I got pooled to Murray Edwards. I am coming up to stay for the open day thingy in march, so hopefully that will give me a good feel for the college! Can't wait! It still hasnt sunk in that I have been offered a place!

What subject are you doing?

np :wink: Yeah I'd never been in an all-girl school and didn't even know that M.E. existed haha.

& I'm doing medicine : )

np :wink: Yeah I'd never been in an all-girl school and didn't even know that M.E. existed haha.

& I'm doing medicine : )

Hello! i've recently been pooled to M.E for medicine! :smile: (from Caius), just wondering what the interviews were like (i had 3 completely academic/sciencey interviews at Caius). is the one at M.E similar, or are there more ethical stuff?
and also, i epically failed BMAT (3.8, 5.7, 3A)...so was surprised to have been pooled in the first place!! what bmat scores do most people have at M.E??
thank u xx :biggrin:
Hello! i've recently been pooled to M.E for medicine! :smile: (from Caius), just wondering what the interviews were like (i had 3 completely academic/sciencey interviews at Caius). is the one at M.E similar, or are there more ethical stuff?
and also, i epically failed BMAT (3.8, 5.7, 3A)...so was surprised to have been pooled in the first place!! what bmat scores do most people have at M.E??
thank u xx :biggrin:

Heya, can't tell you how the M.E. interviews are because I didn't have them when I got pooled here (I'm international). I heard though that they're pretty nice in general - our DoS is really gentle and not scary, so don't worry :smile:

And I'm not sure what anyone else got on BMAT actually... haven't asked. I think I got 5.9, 6.9 and 7.5. It doesn't matter so much for M.E. though I heard.
had my interviews at M.E
just like to thank all the students who helped!!! u made it soo much less scary :smile: :smile: and thanks for putting on the film as well :biggrin:
Reply 397

I did both Old and New Testament. So did Cheney. So it's not stressful at all, it's just like taking another paper. I'd definitely recommend Old Testament. I did it all three years, it's really interesting!

Yes that was me! You know Cheney then?

Thank you! - I was wondering what modules you took in your first year? I want to take both New and Old Testament, but was wondering if this is common to do/stressful?
:confused:

All I know is that i'm definitely taking NT, Greek, Who is Jesus Christ?, World religions!

and I totally remember meeting you now! you did Hebrew right?!
Also, when I was up for my choral interview in september, I met Cheney in the pub!
Reply 398
Got an offer on Saturday for English :biggrin:
So happy! Want to say thank you to all the people helping out at pool interviews, you were so friendly and it really helped keep me calm! I like the college way more than my original choice; it's so friendly and welcoming :smile:

Now to get the grades... fingers crossed!
Original post by dancee

Original post by dancee
Got an offer on Saturday for English :biggrin:
So happy! Want to say thank you to all the people helping out at pool interviews, you were so friendly and it really helped keep me calm! I like the college way more than my original choice; it's so friendly and welcoming :smile:

Now to get the grades... fingers crossed!

omg me too!!! for medicine tho!!!! xxxxx congrats and ill see u next year!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending