The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Murray Edwards College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Slightly different question but along the All Women line..

Is there a greater proportion of foreign / religious people an New Hall? I can imagine that some religious families and people from countries with a different society to Britain may have a preference to send their daughters to an all female institution?

(I'm at Queens' but my sister has an interview at New Hall tomorrow)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I got my interview stuff emailed through on monday. Check your junk mail, it might have got filtered.
Hello, I'm second-year at New Hall. :smile: Good luck to all of you! :biggrin:

Have you seen this webpage about NH pool interviews?

http://www.newhall.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/pool.html
Reply 43
Slightly different question but along the All Women line..

Is there a greater proportion of foreign / religious people an New Hall? I can imagine that some religious families and people from countries with a different society to Britain may have a preference to send their daughters to an all female institution?

This is more the case at Newnham, yes, because - on the whole - people who want to apply to an all-women's place go for the traditional one with the history and the slightly nicer architecture (though I actually do like New Hall's buildings).
New Hall get's more people pooled to it, so the mix is a bit more random.
Good point, though!
Reply 44
I really like new hall, I went for interview today and it was lovely :smile:
mousy I really like new hall, I went for interview today and it was lovely

Same, and all the people were really nice...and now i really want to go dammit!
Now i no i will be rejected just because i want to go so much!

....tick tock...too much waiting to be done now :frown:
Will let u no wen my rejection comes....
...ever the optimist!
New Hall is the best!! :smile:

Good luck to every1 who are having interviews at the moment! xxxx
Reply 47
xxsarahjwxx
Same, and all the people were really nice...and now i really want to go dammit!
Now i no i will be rejected just because i want to go so much!

....tick tock...too much waiting to be done now :frown:
Will let u no wen my rejection comes....
...ever the optimist!

Good luck! Fingers crossed for both of us :smile:
Reply 48
i had my interview yesterday, the place seems really nice.

now just even more waiting...
had my interview today - i know it sounds mad but i think i liked it more than my original college!!! :smile: which is a bit of a pain, cos now if i dont get in i'll be more disappointed than i would have been say had i not liked it at all!
Reply 50
Good luck everyone! New Hall is great. :biggrin:
I've got an offer from New Hall after being pooled (I applied for Vet Med which does things slightly differently so people waiting for interview results don't panic!) and then went to have a look round. The atmosphere was great and I really liked the look of it. Also, nobody seems to think all girls is a problem, almost more of an advantage!

I was slightly disappointed cos I wanted an old college but NH seems practical and rather unique (particularly the fountains and Dome)! I'm really excited now. So anyone having doubts should go and visit then see what you think.

Hope this helps xx
Reply 52
Has anyone heard anything post-interview?! :confused: I'm getting really frustrated waiting for the post or the phone! How I'm going to survive a month of this, I don't know!
Reply 53
i havnt heard anything yet - i think im going slowly crazy! :bricks:
Reply 54
I too have heard nothing since my interview
yeah, i have yet to hear too - and EVERYONE at school KEEPS asking me... i am quietly going mad here... :frown:
Reply 56
Subbacultcha
yeah, i have yet to hear too - and EVERYONE at school KEEPS asking me... i am quietly going mad here... :frown:

Ugh I know the feeling, I think I need to attach a sign to me saying 'NO I HAVEN'T HEARD YET, DON'T ASK ME!'
makes it worse that, from the six ppl at my sch who applied to oxbridge, the rest got rejected, and i was the only one who was pooled - so everyone keeps saying to me "oooh, you're their [the schools] only hope of an oxbridge entrance now!!"

argh! :mad:
So many people were rejected from my 6th form college, all the people who i thought were sure to get in didnt, i dont feel like i deserve to get a place! I'm the last one still waiting, and everyone keeps asking me, including all the teachers. It's nice that they are all rooting for me, im just not looking forward to telling them its all over.
They said i should hear within 10 days and that was on monday so im on 7 today. Its horrible, im counting down the possible days now, and i come rushing home to see if i have any post....only to find a reminder that my car needs its service.....hmph not good news but i guess its not a rejection lol
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH NO MORE WAITING PLEASE!!!!
Im going insane!
Dammit why do i want this so much???
Hmph!
Reply 59
Aaaaaaaaaarrrgggg!!!!!!!!!

i just got a phone call from New Hall- they've given me an offer:eek:! i dont know what to think now..... but i cant stop smiling!:biggrin: :biggrin:

good luck to everyone else still waiting!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending