The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Henry Price?

It's my preferred accommodation, but I seem to be reading a lot about silverfish in the bathrooms?
is it actually that bad?
Original post by toiletroll
It's my preferred accommodation, but I seem to be reading a lot about silverfish in the bathrooms?
is it actually that bad?

Not at all.
I'm in HP right now, and I've seen maybe .... 3 in my entire 8 months of living here.
For some reason people seem to exaggerate this, as I read that before I came as well.

You do get them, but honestly, you'll hardly ever see them and it's not a huge problem.

Also, HP is a wonderful accomodation really. Rooms are amazingly comfortable, and a good size, the bed is REALLY comfy, the desk is great, it warms up really well in the cold too.

The only problem is dragging all your stuff up the stairs when you move in!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
i'm thinking of applying to Henry Price too! i didn't know what it was like having no "living area" with just having a kitchen though
Original post by toiletroll
is it actually that bad?

I'm at leeds uni now but in a different accommodation and we have sliver fish too but they're not very common, its not like you'd see them all the time. I probably see one once every week at most so don't let that put you off of henry price, from what i've heard its a nice accommodation
Original post by sophwarwick
i'm thinking of applying to Henry Price too! i didn't know what it was like having no "living area" with just having a kitchen though

It can be a bit difficult, to be fair, that we don't have a common room or anything. But we have this fairly good size kitchen, it can easily fit about 8 people around it at once, and its really good for hosting gatherings and such. People just invite others into the flat, and the kitchen is the hosting area. We manage really well, and despite not having a common room for the entire building, we don't really need it.

The only thing is, that noise does travel up and down the blocks when you're having a party etc, so you definitely will get noise complaints if you're proper blasting the bass. But that doesn't happen too often.
I've also applied for Henry Price at the moment to save money but I'm still torn between it and Central Village. Henry Price lets me have £1000 extra from my student finance for the year compared to what I would have at CV. But I'm not sure which is more important, to have more money to spend or to have (perhaps) better accodomation? I'm a bit worried about the living space like where do you all chill out in the day and stuff without sofas and a TV? Because I know a girl in CV and she says she's hardly in her room cos her flat mates just chill in the living room all the time? Also, I'm a bit worried for where I would be able to let people stop in my accommodation if they wanted to visit me since the only option looks like the bedroom floor at the moment? How many people could sleep on the floor too do you think? And is it true they're getting locks on the bathroom doors now? Cos that would probably make me feel better about my choice haha.
Reply 6
Does anyone know the likelihood of getting into Henry Price if you put it as your first choice accom?

Quick Reply

Latest