The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lived in a house of 6 guys last year and apart from me, only 1 of them gave a **** about football

In fact i've never had that many guy friends, so when I meet someone who likes football it's quite refreshing if anything!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
This is just a random thought i have in my mind, hence why i made this thread.

I Don't watch football and it makes me depressed :frown:. It makes feel like im gay and i always imagine in an scenario where if this was actually how i felt towards men then i would seriously be depressed.

It is sort of a gay situation if you don't like football because men will question you over and over and over and over and over again. This isn't exaggeration, this is the truth, the experience is part of the reason i'm a social outcast.

I have depression and at the moment i want to leave London because i'm a nobody. If only if i had a personality and i loved football, i would go back to Nigeria. But i wouldn't because i don't watch football and in that country would challenge me for it. Years ago when i visited nigeria, my uncle saw through me that i don't like football after i pretended i did.

Anyway how do you boys cope that you have to be judged by others just because you don't watch football?

btw my dad likes football and he even questions why i don't like it. It feels like im living a gay disabled ****ty life

I don't watch football, football is for the lower echelon's of society. As for the gay disability, I'm afraid it's something i suffer :frown: maybe if I watched football it would turn me straight......... oh wait, I watch rugby (and played prior to injury), I drink ale and shoot (along with many other "manly" things) so you can **** off with you effeminate gay stereotyping!! I'm more manly than the majority of my straight friends.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zachary T-H
I don't watch football, football is for the lower echelon's of society.

Agreed :lol:
I don't know how you cope with your life with that capital D in the thread title.
Reply 64
How do you feel about men not watching football?

I'm suspicious that when i tell people i don't watch football, they i'm gay. i know its a fa**** thing to not like football.

Me and some of my friends don't watch football, those who do watch it see no problem with it since its not like it will impact your life anyway or the other (its just a source for entertainment).
This is just a random thought i have in my mind, hence why i made this thread.

I Don't watch football and it makes me depressed :frown:. It makes feel like im gay and i always imagine in an scenario where if this was actually how i felt towards men then i would seriously be depressed.

It is sort of a gay situation if you don't like football because men will question you over and over and over and over and over again. This isn't exaggeration, this is the truth, the experience is part of the reason i'm a social outcast.

I have depression and at the moment i want to leave London because i'm a nobody. If only if i had a personality and i loved football, i would go back to Nigeria. But i wouldn't because i don't watch football and in that country would challenge me for it. Years ago when i visited nigeria, my uncle saw through me that i don't like football after i pretended i did.

Anyway how do you boys cope that you have to be judged by others just because you don't watch football?

btw my dad likes football and he even questions why i don't like it. It feels like im living a gay disabled ****ty life

I play games and watch anime, like a real man.

Sounds like you're caring way too much about something trivial. I don't really get judged for not liking football their, and I'm surprised that so many people would give a **** for not liking the most overrated sport in the UK. Actually it doesn't surprise that much upon thinking about it.
Reply 66
Original post by midgemeister7
Since I last checked, football's not a TV programme ffs hahahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're watching it from TV, then you're watching it from a programme e.g. Match of the Day and I never said it was a TV programme but was implying sports channel that broadcast football games (which are tv programmes).
I know im sounding like a **** here. I'm just trying to study this issue.

It has pissed me of for like 15 years now and today i want to get to the answer of opinions of boys not liking football.

It's even embarrasing that girls like football more than boys these days

It's even more embarrassing for you to insult people while hiding behind anonymous.
Football isn't very important to me tbh. I do know a little about it, enough to have a conversation (know the big names in history etc). Don't enjoy watching it though
I don't really watch that much sport and this doesn't bother me in the slightest. I follow the snooker a bit so I've probably watched more snooker than football in my life but it's not an all consuming religion for me in the way some people treat football. I'll watch England WC matches and others if they sound interesting or I'm going to the pub with friends, though.

Instead of devoting my life to watching overpaid celebrities kick a ball around a field I try to do slightly more constructive things, like having several different hobbies and interests.
(edited 9 years ago)
I dislike football, I know a lot of guys find it shocking and I get pretty annoyed being asked "Omg why don't you like football?" over and over again IRL but I don't really care enough about it for it to affect my life.

And if people around me talk about it a lot, I just put earphones in.
My life is quite blessed (I'm grateful and lucky) and i don't think Football would add anything to it but i do support my local team AIK :smile:
Original post by kkboyk
If you're watching it from TV, then you're watching it from a programme e.g. Match of the Day and I never said it was a TV programme but was implying sports channel that broadcast football games (which are tv programmes).

Football is a sport. End of.
I prefer f1, Motorsport is my life
I don't particularly like watching any sport. I fundamentally don't care.
I like watching Football but I hate playing it :P
Original post by Mad Vlad
Yes. And I find your first post pretty offensive.
Not liking football does not make you gay. Neither do people really think that if you don't like football that you're gay (not that there's anything wrong with that anyway...). I don't like football because it's a dull sport, played at the professional level by dishonest, lying, cheating, horrifically overpaid fairies. It's not interesting to me. I much prefer rugby, personally, which is a proper sport. This has nothing to do with my sexual orientation.
/QUOTE]

Isn't using that term slightly hypocritical having just told the OP that you find his post offensive. It is a derogatory term used against gay people after all so could easily be deemed offensive......
Reply 77
Original post by midgemeister7
Football is a sport. End of.

And who says it isn't? First of all on my original comment I was making a comparison between football programs and other TB programs, and never did I state that it wasn't a sport.

You CAN get football programs and any other sports programs on TV e.g. Match of the Day and it doesn't take a genius to understand that there are a wide variety of different type of type programs and that not all show reality TV shows or TV soaps like Emmerdale.

Not every football fans attend a match on a football stadium since it's common sense that not everyone will fit in there; hence sports programs were developed to broadcast the match live.

I don't see why you're struggling to understand this simple concepts that even kids do.
Im not averse to football, I dont follow it but i'll watch a game if its on. I couldn't tell you much about players or teams or leagues, but theres no reason u can't back a team and get into it for 90 mins. ITs actually quite fun..

People who question your sexuality cause you dont like football, ignore them. Theres more to life than football.
Original post by kkboyk
And who says it isn't? First of all on my original comment I was making a comparison between football programs and other TB programs, and never did I state that it wasn't a sport.

You CAN get football programs and any other sports programs on TV e.g. Match of the Day and it doesn't take a genius to understand that there are a wide variety of different type of type programs and that not all show reality TV shows or TV soaps like Emmerdale.

Not every football fans attend a match on a football stadium since it's common sense that not everyone will fit in there; hence sports programs were developed to broadcast the match live.

I don't see why you're struggling to understand this simple concepts that even kids do.

When people talk about 'the football', they're talking about the sport.

Football matches on TV are live broadcasts of sport, and hence cannot be comparable to a TV programme.

Not sure I can take an insult from someone who claimed that 'not liking football is the same as not liking any other TV programme'.

Latest

Trending

Trending