The Student Room Group

Gcse grades

Hi I'm in year 11 and soon im going to be sitting my exams. My target grades are all As and one B (no A*s... sigh😪). I've already done my It exam and passed last year and I did my science core exams which I failed miserably as I procrastinated and never listened in class and ended up doing only minutes of flicking through my exercise book literally right before the exam. I really want to get at least 5 A* but I don't know if that's possible because none of my current grades are A*. Individually, here are a bit about my subjects:
Maths - im okay but I'm pretty bad at algebra
English Lang and lit - never got anything below an A
Science - dreadful
Philosophy and religion - even more dreadful
Spanish - pretty good
Business studies - pretty good
Computing - I enjoy it but it's difficult for me to obtain good grades
Art - very good

Any tips on how to improve any of my subjects? Sorry if it's a long post x

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.
Hi I'm also in year 11, I was close to an A* in core science(I know still an A). I found with science reading the specification really helps. The specification in case you didn't know tells you exactly what's on your syllabus, what topics will be on the exam and the possible ways they could be asked depending on exam board. What exam board are you doing? I'm doing AQA. Are you thinking of re-sitting core science? Languages I find with french learning vocab is very beneficial. With anything past papers help but I think especially with maths because you see how you can apply what you've learned to the question. I got an A in last years mock and trust me I'm awful at maths. I find English quite difficult especially language because my time management is really poor, I never finish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending