The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beyknowles
If you have sex before she is 16, that would be classed as statutory rape, just to let you know.

Sorry but I would try your best to cut her off. She's most likely going to cheat anyway because she's going to be experiencing life stages that you already have.

I would 100% discourage relationships with people you meet online.

Not just stat rape, of course. If it's an online relationship, possibility of exchanging nudes is there which is a criminal offence.
Original post by shawn_o1
You can't live without her? I hope that's a joke

You are like the most cynical user on TSR, all your comments on each thread is not always good advice and at times, can be offensive rather than helpful, You don't know how the OP is feeling...

OP you just reminded me of this girl who i'm in love with but shes like in year 11 whereas im 19. It may be sick (it is) but i suggest you meet her and do your thing to forget about her.
If OP really feels he "cannot live without" this girl he cannot have sex with for 2+ years, then he has to either wait the 2+ years or learn to live without her. I mean really, if you're grown up and being serious with the "I can't live without you" statement then you must not have grown at all
Reply 23
This wont end well.
wait till she's legal
Age is just a number

prison is just a place....

she's a minor, don't get yourself into trouble. Wait until she's legal
Original post by Stephaniecamille
You can talk to her but just wait until she's atleast 18 before you try anything because if you don't you will get a prison sentence of 14 years or so for rape. Good luck.

If you have sex before she is 16, that would be classed as statutory rape, just to let you know.

Wouldn't be rape, but yeah...soo not legal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Are there no nice 18 year old girls? :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would 100% discourage relationships with people you meet online.

I met my current girlfriend online. There's a 175 mile distance between us, we see each other every weekend, have been together for a year and a half, and I've known her for nearly a decade.

Just saying.
No.

The answer is no. I don't know what the question is, but this entire situation? No.

And to all the people who think that waiting 2 years makes it 'morally' right or ok, you evidently have no idea of the psychology involved and how this will essentially train her growing mind into dependence on someone who has been playing with her immature emotions from a position of advantage (no matter how well-intended).
Original post by TurboCretin
Wouldn't be rape, but yeah...soo not legal.

It would be rape! Look it up : )
It would be rape! Look it up : )

No it wouldn't!

You are confusing this with sex with a child under 13, which is automatically rape.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I met my current girlfriend online. There's a 175 mile distance between us, we see each other every weekend, have been together for a year and a half, and I've known her for nearly a decade.

Just saying.

and..... why are you telling me your **** life story? I'm not suggesting that online relationships don't work
and..... why are you telling me your **** life story? I'm not suggesting that online relationships don't work

If you 100% discourage online relationships then the implication is that you are suggesting contrary to what you've just suggested.
Let me clear it up when we first started talking I was 16 and She told me that she was 14, a few days after we started talking it was her birthday and I believed she was 15 not until her birthday a year later did I find out she was 2 years younger than what she told me by then we had gone on plenty of dates we've only met up twice since I've found out her real age in the whole 15 months of us dating not once have I sexually tried anything on her even when I thought she was 2 years older than she actually is I ve never cared about the sex I genuinely love this girl and yes I do realise what could happen if me and her do anything and tbh I have days where I'm disgusted with myself but I'm
More than happy to wait for her
Reply 35
How did you go out for over a year and not know how old she was? Did you actually talk to her about her LIFE? Did she lie about anything that whole time??

I say leave it. I know that's not what you want to hear but you may be going university soon for example. Your life is going to be just too different and distant from hers... tricky though since I don't know her or you. Just think about the rest of your life and hers to put things into perspective...
You are an adult and she is a child. Stay away, for everyone's sake.
Original post by Anonymous
See that's the thing it's serious we met online but things escalated within a few months, she's got immature moments but was never that immature that it made me doubt her 'age' when she told me she was older by two years than to actually what she is, we had our 15 month anniversary date today and I do love her it's not lust, I'm the type of guy that is close with his parents but my personal life is my personal life and a few weeks ago I told my mum about this girl I legit love her I adore her and sometimes I'm disgusted with myself for being so in love with someone so young and I beat myself up about it and ive tried to leave her several times coz of her age but as cheesy as this sounds I'm in love with her and I can't do without her. If it was lust I wouldn't ever dare tell my mum about her

Just out of curiosity, how exactly did you guys even meet online in the first place? I mean, at 13 I'd be surprised if she was on a dating website :s-smilie:
Did you two meet on habbo hotel?
It looks like there's a general consensus. Listen to everyone, it's a massive no. It may be difficult, but ultimately it's what's best for the both of you. She was SO wrong for lying, but if she felt as much for you as you claim you feel for her...wouldn't the truth have come out earlier?

Latest

Trending

Trending