The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by knitpixie
Thanks, If they hadn't said 2 weeks I wouldn't be worrying, but you are right no news is good new. I'll try not to stress too much, got Bournemouth tomorrow to look forward to :smile:

just got back from my Bournemouth - very laid back - they said we had to wait till March
hard to judge how it went as it was so chilled,
ive interviews for liverpool and northumbria in feb/ march

anyone been to interviews here yet and able to tell me questions or things you do on the day

Reply 182
Original post by suzalovescarrots
Mine was around November I think lol and yeah got an offer of BCC :smile:

How long till Manch let you know? I'm sure they told me April.:confused:
Original post by carol101
I finally got a reply from Anglia Ruskin and they have given me and Interview!!
im kind of excited and dreading it at time!!
I was wondering if anyone can give me advice?? any questions you think will come up

When i got the pack i saw there was going to be a maths and english test and a group discussion :s-smilie: !! any advice about that 2 ?????

Hi, i have an interview for Anglia Ruskin too, on 28th Jan. Have you had yours yet? Im nervous about the maths & literacy tests, im hoping they base it mostly on the interview itself.
Original post by laurakeenan
ive interviews for liverpool and northumbria in feb/ march

anyone been to interviews here yet and able to tell me questions or things you do on the day

Hey there i had one at northumbria for child nursing we had a short presentation and then watched a video clip of a children with diabetes and had to answer a question. we then had group and individual interviews :smile:
Reply 185
Original post by spangex
just got back from my Bournemouth - very laid back - they said we had to wait till March
hard to judge how it went as it was so chilled,

You were right about them being laid back! It was a really chilled interview, I am much more optimistic about the outcome here, they only asked two questions in the interview, why did I want to do nursing and what three things would my best friend say about me! They told me I seemed like the sort of person they want on the course and I should check my UCAS over the next few days for the decision. Although I think others were told longer. Still no word from Southampton, but there was a girl at the Bournemouth interview today who was at my Southampton interview and she heard from them at the beginning of the month :s-smilie:
I'm thinking if I get an offer from Bournemouth I may cancel my Surrey interview as I only applied there as I had a space left on my UCAS for one more choice.
Reply 186
Hey :smile:

I've got an interview for dip adult nursing at surrey uni on the 7th of feb
I've been told that there are only a few spaces left, but this is my first choice and I really want to get in.
Is there any tips/advice for the one to one interview?
Plus I've just dropped out of my A levels, would this hurt my chances?
Thanks Kat xx
Reply 187
Original post by Kfarrell2

I've been told that there are only a few spaces left, but this is my first choice and I really want to get in.
Thanks Kat xx

only a few spaces left?? oh no :frown: i applied there 2 for that and i still havent heard back :frown:

how long did it take the uni to get back to u and offer u an interview?

goood luck though :smile: sell urself!
Reply 188
Original post by bellyboo
only a few spaces left?? oh no :frown: i applied there 2 for that and i still havent heard back :frown:

how long did it take the uni to get back to u and offer u an interview?

goood luck though :smile: sell urself!

I applied for the march intake, so I'm guessing you applied for the september intake, as I spoke on the phone with the admiisions tutor a couple weeks ago and they said they had to deal with the march intake first (I changed from sept to march)
I changed the course on the 14th of jan and literally heard back in a week :smile:
Thank you!! And yes I will try :biggrin:
Original post by glf2110
How long till Manch let you know? I'm sure they told me April.:confused:

I had mine in November and heard in Jan so about 3 months :tongue:
Reply 190
I applied for the march intake, so I'm guessing you applied for the september intake, as I spoke on the phone with the admiisions tutor a couple weeks ago and they said they had to deal with the march intake first (I changed from sept to march)
I changed the course on the 14th of jan and literally heard back in a week :smile:
Thank you!! And yes I will try :biggrin:

oh haha what made you change to march then? :smile:
well hope u get a place :smile: x
I have got an interview at York for adult nursing in Spetember next week and I am very nervous! I have been offered a place at Sheffield Hallam and Man Met for the same course but I'm worried about what the nursing interview at York will be like. If any one has any tips please let me know :smile:
Reply 192
I have an interview at Southampton tomorrow. Really nervous. Will let you know what the process is like and what questions they ask etc..

N
Reply 193
hey i have an interview at the university of bradford for adult nursing. on the 9th of feb. could someone please give me tips on what to do? what to say? its going to be a group discussion. please help!! i dont know what to do !!!

thanx xx
Reply 194
Original post by NaomiB93
I have an interview at Southampton tomorrow. Really nervous. Will let you know what the process is like and what questions they ask etc..

N

The tests were easy and we had a group discussion about drink driving! lol. They were really lovely but don't believe them when they say they'll get back to you within 2 weeks, it's always about a month! I loved it there! Good luck!
Original post by stonedjoe_8
I had an interview on the 21st for Mental health nursing at Man Uni

In terms of what people were wearing most people were dressed smartly however there were one or two people in casual clothes, the interviewers didn't show any sign that they were bothered about this.

In terms of the interview itself there were about 8 people in the group. Upon entering the interview room we were assigned a number and had to sit in number order I was number 2. I guess the idea of this was to ask people in order however that only lasted for one question, the interview eventually turned into getting your point across the first. This is where I don't like these type of interviews you are not given enough time to sell yourself. For the first question I was told to stop talking then throughout the interview I felt like I was made to rush through my answer.
I was interviewed by a lecturer and a service user they asked 3 questions each:
Why mental health nurse and why Manchester?
What qualities do you think you need?
what experience do you have ? (mentioned mine in first question before told to shut up)
Have you got any support to help you? and what support do you need from us ? (Most people mentioned there mums who were nurses)

Thats all I can remember, apparently adult and mental health applicants hear within a week if they have been successful, for child branch its later

Hey, my brother was at that interview! He was the only one in a suit apparently :tongue:

How did you get on? He got an offer yesterday but doesn't know what the conditions are yet :awesome:

Thanks Kat xx

Hey I had my interview for Surrey last Tuesday and found out on friday that I had received an unconditional offer :smile:
I would say just be yourself at the interview, yes its a bit awkward being put on the spot but just prepare and be exactly sure of why you want to be a nurse, why you want to study at Surrey and be prepared to discuss what you think the best qualities of a nurse are and how you "de-stress" yourself :tongue:
Try and answer with lots of detail otherwise they will ask you more on it :s-smilie:

As for A levels, I'm not entirely sure if having dropped out will affect your chances but I was offered with an unconditional and I haven't even finished my A levels and I'm not exactly heading towards high results anyway.

Good luck on the day :smile: let us know how it goes :biggrin:
Lynette :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by sue71
Hi there, you will be given literacy whice is mutiple choice and numeracy u can use a calculater, also there will be a group interview, pls ensure u ask questions!!!!! good luck..

thank youu xx
Reply 198
Original post by Rhiannon_92
Hey is yours on 25th Jan? I have my interview for childrens nursing at city on 25th Jan! I hope it isnt group! Good luck! :smile:

My city interview is tommorow! how did urs go? hope it went well! :smile:
Reply 199
I got an email from Bedfordshire today for childrens nursing on the 17th of February, im excited/nervous haha. Is anyone else going to this interview date? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending