The Student Room Group

Ugh worst teacher in the world!!! (Long rant)

There is one teacher at college who I REALLY don't get on with - she's my Politics teacher, one of my two Business Studies teachers as well as my personal tutor.

I just cannot stand her!! Nothing she says makes any sense to me - when I look over my notes at the end of a day, I will just be like WHAT?! - because she goes so quickly and doesn't even stop to explain things if we're lost. It's like she just expects us to know things already and it's definitely not just me who feels this way.

Not to mention the fact that I've missed a couple of weeks since September due to illness and when I came back, she was like "For those who have missed lessons, particularly Vicky who has missed loads..."... I was thinking HOW DARE YOU!!! Fair enough, I did miss a fair bit of work but I caught up on EVERY SINGLE piece of work that I missed and I'd already spoken to her previously about it in tutorial and if you really must say something, say it to ME not my entire Politics class. I thought that was sooo unprofessional of her.

Sorry if you think I'm moaning, this is really just a rant but I get on with all my other teachers and have no problems in other lessons - and I'm really not the type of person that hates teachers just because they are teachers, I usually get on quite well with them! It's just HER!!! :mad:
Try asking her to slow down and asking her to explain things you don't understand. She might not realise that she's going too quickly for you or that you're getting confused. If that doesn't work, maybe ask your other business studies teacher to have a word with her about it. As for her comments about you missing lessons, don't get upset or be rude, but just say that you don't think it's fair of her to bring that up when it was due to illness and you've caught up with all the work. You could also ask her if, in future, she could speak to you individually rather than in front of the class if she has a problem.
Reply 2
Yes, you're right. I'm gonna leave it for now as I won't be having any more days off anytime soon (as far as I know!) but if she brings it up again, I will definitely say something.

It's just a pain because it's like "ughh" whenever I have her lessons. But never mind. I am sure that I will live!
Reply 3
I have the same problem with my Media teacher. Thought she's better since I spoke to her.
Reply 4
I don't think your teacher can beat mine..Who filled in my forms wrong for uni and blamed me. She also doesn't teach us much and spends most lessons talking about her daughter whos working in France.
Next week I am having a operation and my Cambridge interview is a week after. My doctors have said I'll be fine for it but she being a nuisance has been trying to get me to postpone my interview and causing havoc..

Latest

Trending

Trending