The Student Room Group

Is Psychology GCSE classed as a Social Science or a Humanties GCSE?

YES it doesn't matter
and YES it's only a GCSE
But jw? :smile:
I'm under the impression that Psychology is a Social Science subject, just like Sociology which I'm currently studying. A humanities subject would either be History or Geography, as those are essential if you wish to gain the English Baccalaureate.
Reply 2
Original post by CharmingCat
I'm under the impression that Psychology is a Social Science subject, just like Sociology which I'm currently studying. A humanities subject would either be History or Geography, as those are essential if you wish to gain the English Baccalaureate.

I don't :smile: but I always thought it was social science but aqa said psychology is a humanity GCSE...
It actually really does matter! The only reason I could get onto my medical based course at uni was because my psychology a level counted as a social science. If it wasn't a science I couldn't have applied!

Having said that, there is the odd uni that does not count it as a science but it is uncommon nowadays.
Reply 4
Original post by Elliebeanie
It actually really does matter! The only reason I could get onto my medical based course at uni was because my psychology a level counted as a social science. If it wasn't a science I couldn't have applied!

Having said that, there is the odd uni that does not count it as a science but it is uncommon nowadays.

Ah I want to take biology, chemistry and psychology a-level next year :smile:
Original post by elmosandy
Ah I want to take biology, chemistry and psychology a-level next year :smile:

That sounds good to me! Do you have any idea what you wan to be doing at uni yet? Don't worry if not, I had no idea haha
Reply 6
That sounds good to me! Do you have any idea what you wan to be doing at uni yet? Don't worry if not, I had no idea haha

Biological Sciences/Human Biology
You should be good for that then! You're so lucky to be able to study psychology at GCSE. Not many schools do it
Reply 8
You should be good for that then! You're so lucky to be able to study psychology at GCSE. Not many schools do it

Because i'm Homeschooled :smile: x
Original post by elmosandy
Because i'm Homeschooled :smile: x

Ohhhh, that's an advantage I never thought of!! x

Quick Reply

Latest