The Student Room Group

Failed PGCE...appeal?

so what happens if the school terminated the placement and writes such a daming report about you that the university even asks you to leave the course? They would not even look at my evidence. I have emails and feedback that shows I was a good trainee and that my mentor just did not like me. She made up lies and made it look like I was seducing year 10 students, that I was confrontational to students, eventhough students came to me to ask for help at home. Now one even wants to look at my evidence and I worked sooooo haaaaaaaard for this. What can I do?
Original post by rachel_1992
so what happens if the school terminated the placement and writes such a daming report about you that the university even asks you to leave the course? They would not even look at my evidence. I have emails and feedback that shows I was a good trainee and that my mentor just did not like me. She made up lies and made it look like I was seducing year 10 students, that I was confrontational to students, eventhough students came to me to ask for help at home. Now one even wants to look at my evidence and I worked sooooo haaaaaaaard for this. What can I do?

Like they said above- go to your tutor. Or go to someone higher up the food chain of your university. There isn't much you can do other than that. As much as anything else, if the school is that bad, the uni need to know about it so they don't send more students to it
Reply 2
It's always best to follow the food chain, so if your tutor is unwilling to listen to you, try speaking to the department head. If no-one within the department is willing to help you, then you should look into your university's complaints procedure and submit a formal complaint. Your student union can probably provide you with advice on this should you need help. If you've exhausted all avenues under your university's complaints procedure and the situation has not been resolved, you may be able to make a complaint to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator.
Reply 3
Hi. Am in a similar situation. My placement didn't go well. I have appealed to get another chance and the committee for mitigating circumstances denied the appeal. I have been told that I will not have a further opportunity at a placement. I'm completely devastated as teaching is my passion.I passed skills tests and jumped through so many hoops. I remained professional and kept trying. Is there any advice somebody could give?

Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending