The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
He still won't block her.
We've been telling the idiot to cut her out of his life for months. I hope he is a troll because ****ing hell it's just depressing to think someone is actually this spineless.

A good thing is she will probably stop talking to him when their degrees finish, though to be honest another couple of years like this wouldn't be surprised if he snaps and hurts someone or himself, or **** he may even try to rape her depending on how unhinged this guy is. He seems messed up as hell anyway if he's not a troll.

I just don't get why he keeps posting it on here, he's had endless replies and they all say the same thing, what's he searching for? The only reason people keep trying is because it's normal human nature to want to help, and he's taking advantage of that.
Original post by carrott98
I just don't get why he keeps posting it on here, he's had endless replies and they all say the same thing, what's he searching for? The only reason people keep trying is because it's normal human nature to want to help, and he's taking advantage of that.

He's waiting for someone to validate his lunacy.

I'm worried he's so nutty that if someone did that - like suggest he had a chance with her- he might take the stalking up to the next level or , as you said, do something even crazier like rape or hurt someone.
I'm worried he's so nutty that if someone did that - like suggest he had a chance with her- he might take the stalking up to the next level or , as you said, do something even crazier like rape or hurt someone.

If he's not a troll I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if he did that. I told him to get professional help months ago...who's betting he hasn't?

For months I actually tried with this guy, I was nice to him and I was patient with him and I tried my best to be as constructive and supportive as possible. But not any more, if he wants to act like a spineless pathetic man-child I'll treat him like one. He doesn't deserve respect or kindness, he should feel ashamed of himself and see how messed up he is.
If he's not a troll I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if he did that. I told him to get professional help months ago...who's betting he hasn't?

For months I actually tried with this guy, I was nice to him and I was patient with him and I tried my best to be as constructive and supportive as possible. But not any more, if he wants to act like a spineless pathetic man-child I'll treat him like one. He doesn't deserve respect or kindness, he should feel ashamed of himself and see how messed up he is.

I have no clue how you tried for months, I tried to be nice for a about a week before I was driven to insanity haha. I truly hope he's one of a kind and there aren't too many others like him out there because it would honestly creep me out so much if someone did all this to me for this length of time or all through my university course. If this girl ever found out about his posts I bet she'd be scared to go outdoors haha.
I have no clue how you tried for months, I tried to be nice for a about a week before I was driven to insanity haha. I truly hope he's one of a kind and there aren't too many others like him out there because it would honestly creep me out so much if someone did all this to me for this length of time or all through my university course. If this girl ever found out about his posts I bet she'd be scared to go outdoors haha.

You'd be surprised, probably most not half as creepy. But yeah, I think you'd be surprised.

No. I guess I was hoping for someone to tell me how to IMPROVE and treat her like a friend and to stop being so clingy/needy/jealous/ etc towards her. All you suggest is block her. I don't want to do that. It's not nice. And believe it or not, all year in uni, she always hangs out with me. Not any of her plentiful of guy friends. Always me. And we just sit and talk for hours. I really enjoy that. I forget everything and just enjoy her company. Nearly all of our arguments have been on whatsapp.

It's my fault. I get agitated when she ignores my message or doesn't reply or says things. I am never like this with anyone else. Some friends I message one day, and they might read it, but reply a day later, it's normal, I never complain about that.

I guess it's just about what I expect from her. I really like her and I guess I am not getting the response I want from her.

I know you can't force someone to have feelings for you. This is just my first real deep experience with a girl I have liked and it's been TERRIBLE. It's my fault I knew she had a bf from the start, yet I allowed myself to become too close to her, too attached, etc.

We have literally talked every single day for the past 6 months or so. And it's not me always messaging her. I would say it's about the same. She messages me sometimes and I do sometimes.

Can you not understand me at all? Your only solution is block her, I am looking for another way. Because I would rather have her in my life and deal with the pain it may cause me than cut her out.

I guess I have been obsessed and stuff with all my threads but it's only cause I panic and anything and everything and I read into things and overthink and over analyze and all that stuff.

She says I am her best friend. She trusts me more than any of her friends. She tells me things she doesn't tell other people. This has to count for something? You cannot say she is using me or something?
GUYS!!Back off abit Carrot98 and SophieSmall you think your helping but really your bloody well not, the poor guy is frigging being strung along aswewll, so just frigging watch what you say.for frig sake.OP PM me if u need
Original post by believeteam22
No. I guess I was hoping for someone to tell me how to IMPROVE and treat her like a friend and to stop being so clingy/needy/jealous/ etc towards her. All you suggest is block her. I don't want to do that. It's not nice. And believe it or not, all year in uni, she always hangs out with me. Not any of her plentiful of guy friends. Always me. And we just sit and talk for hours. I really enjoy that. I forget everything and just enjoy her company. Nearly all of our arguments have been on whatsapp.

It's my fault. I get agitated when she ignores my message or doesn't reply or says things. I am never like this with anyone else. Some friends I message one day, and they might read it, but reply a day later, it's normal, I never complain about that.

I guess it's just about what I expect from her. I really like her and I guess I am not getting the response I want from her.

I know you can't force someone to have feelings for you. This is just my first real deep experience with a girl I have liked and it's been TERRIBLE. It's my fault I knew she had a bf from the start, yet I allowed myself to become too close to her, too attached, etc.

We have literally talked every single day for the past 6 months or so. And it's not me always messaging her. I would say it's about the same. She messages me sometimes and I do sometimes.

Can you not understand me at all? Your only solution is block her, I am looking for another way. Because I would rather have her in my life and deal with the pain it may cause me than cut her out.

I guess I have been obsessed and stuff with all my threads but it's only cause I panic and anything and everything and I read into things and
overthink and over analyze and all that stuff.

She says I am her best friend. She trusts me more than any of her friends. She tells me things she doesn't tell other people. This has to count for something? You cannot say she is using me or something?

Your friendship will never improve because you're too obsessed with her. You will never be friends and she will never love you.

I can say what the hell I like, you won't listen to it anyway. You'll just go running to her like a sick puppy hoping this girl will fall in love with you when she never will.

You're a lost cause, you make me sick.
Original post by RBalboa
GUYS!!Back off abit Carrot98 and SophieSmall you think your helping but really your bloody well not, the poor guy is frigging being strung along aswewll, so just frigging watch what you say.for frig sake.OP PM me if u need

No.

He doesn't listen to kindness or reason (I tried that for months) maybe a good old dose of shame will help. Some people need to look in the mirror before they will see how awful they've become.
Reply 390
OP, Sophie really does have a point. You do need to put distance between you and this girl so your feelings begin to fade. You have to force yourself to get over her, and as you've been like this for months, I think you actually need to remove yourself from the situation for a while. Trying to get over her like this clearly isn't working.

It isn't healthy to keep holding on. I know it's hard to cut her out when she matters to you, but atm you're so blinded by your feelings for her that you actually couldn't get over her while staying her close friend even if you tried. Every time you see her, it'll just get worse, and you'll always be hoping for more. Backing off for a while is really the only thing that will let you get over her.

You actually have to want to do this, though, and talking about it repeatedly isn't gonna get anything sorted. You need to just grit your teeth and get on with it. It'll be difficult for a while, you'll miss her and feel awful, but you need to do this for the sake of your sanity and for hers as well. It will be worth it in the end.
Original post by believeteam22

I guess I have been obsessed and stuff with all my threads but it's only cause I panic and anything and everything and I read into things and overthink and over analyze and all that stuff.

But blocking is the only solution? That's why everybody keeps saying it. You're so infatuated and obsessed with her that there's no way you can just be 'friends' with her, and if it really is making you as upset as you claim it would be a sacrifice you'd be willing to make. There literally is NO other advice so I don't get what you expect people to say ? "yeah stick at it man and she'll fall in love with you and you'll all live happily ever after" ?? There's really nobody THAT great in this world that I wouldn't be willing to cut off if they made me feel so miserable so often. Friends come and go, get over it. When you've finished uni and she's off living her life and you don't even talk any more, you'll look back on what were meant to be the funnest years of your life and realise you wasted them all following some boring girl around like a lap dog.
Original post by RBalboa

If being nice and friendly was going to help this guy he wouldve been over this a year ago and the posts wouldve ceased.
Original post by pfm
OP, Sophie really does have a point. You do need to put distance between you and this girl so your feelings begin to fade. You have to force yourself to get over her, and as you've been like this for months, I think you actually need to remove yourself from the situation for a while. Trying to get over her like this clearly isn't working.

It isn't healthy to keep holding on. I know it's hard to cut her out when she matters to you, but atm you're so blinded by your feelings for her that you actually couldn't get over her while staying her close friend even if you tried. Every time you see her, it'll just get worse, and you'll always be hoping for more. Backing off for a while is really the only thing that will let you get over her.

You actually have to want to do this, though, and talking about it repeatedly isn't gonna get anything sorted. You need to just grit your teeth and get on with it. It'll be difficult for a while, you'll miss her and feel awful, but you need to do this for the sake of your sanity and for hers as well. It will be worth it in the end.

This actually a very common thing most people do in some form or other, such as people complaining they're overweight and talking about doing something about it but never actually doing it, or complaining they have loads of work and letting it pile up. He's just taken it to a creepy extreme.
This actually a very common thing most people do in some form or other, such as people complaining they're overweight and talking about doing something about it but never actually doing it, or complaining they have loads of work and letting it pile up. He's just taken it to a creepy extreme.

I think it happens when the person is bothered by the negative (e.g. too much work, fatness) but not enough to outweigh what they like about the situation (doing other stuff, eating), but probably feel like others have noticed so they need to do something about it but instead do the next best thing- complain. If OP really wanted to change the situation he would take a long, hard look at the advice, turn off his computer, and sort it out. But we all know he won't because he wants to regain whatever's left of this 'friendship' because it's the closest he can get to fulfilling his fantasy. I guess it can be hard to bite the bullet and sort things out and I respect that but it's getting pretty darn boring now.
I think it happens when the person is bothered by the negative (e.g. too much work, fatness) but not enough to outweigh what they like about the situation (doing other stuff, eating), but probably feel like others have noticed so they need to do something about it but instead do the next best thing- complain. If OP really wanted to change the situation he would take a long, hard look at the advice, turn off his computer, and sort it out. But we all know he won't because he wants to regain whatever's left of this 'friendship' because it's the closest he can get to fulfilling his fantasy. I guess it can be hard to bite the bullet and sort things out and I respect that but it's getting pretty darn boring now.

I do respect that it's a hard step to take, but he's not even considering it. I don't respect him in the slightest.
I do respect that it's a hard step to take, but he's not even considering it. I don't respect him in the slightest.

Yeah that's what I mean, sometimes he pretends to consider it to humour people, but everyone knows he's never going to consider making it an option. Something sad must've happened to OP as a child because he clearly craves a lot of attention and validation, even from strangers on the interweb.
Yeah that's what I mean, sometimes he pretends to consider it to humour people, but everyone knows he's never going to consider making it an option. Something sad must've happened to OP as a child because he clearly craves a lot of attention and validation, even from strangers on the interweb.

Maybe, then maybe not. Some people have an excellent upbringing and still sometimes turn out messed up.
Maybe, then maybe not. Some people have an excellent upbringing and still sometimes turn out messed up.

Trueee, tis kinda sad though, however frustrating.
Trueee, tis kinda sad though, however frustrating.

Yeah it really is.

Latest

Trending

Trending