The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
It's not about listening to your advice. I don't want to move on. I want her.

Told you guys, he's a nutter. There's not stopping him!! - well until he murders her and is sent to jail for life.
Get a hobby. Your current hobby seems to be anxiously waiting for her next reply. Make a list of what shes actually done for you, and what you've done for her. The former list should be quite small I presume. If you don't get the message to move on, you probably need help from elsewhere.
Take a picture of her. Print it up to A3. Stick it on your ceiling and **** off every morning to it. At least that will reduce the energy you have for worrying :biggrin:
Original post by VotreAltesse
Told you guys, he's a nutter. There's not stopping him!! - well until he murders her and is sent to jail for life.

I'm not. I just want her. I can't decide what to do.
Original post by ninjaduck
Get a hobby. Your current hobby seems to be anxiously waiting for her next reply. Make a list of what shes actually done for you, and what you've done for her. The former list should be quite small I presume. If you don't get the message to move on, you probably need help from elsewhere.

That's true. I do sometimes just wait for her to message me. I do everything for her. She does things for me too.
Original post by ThatAsainGirl
Just spend some time alone and listen to your heart. Right now with exams going on may not be the best time to go through with all the emotions of being in a relationship but again it's all about what your heart feels is right for you. Everyone in the world will find it easy to tell you to move on but only you know how hard that is for you. So don't force yourself into anything but just let everything reveal in its own time. There are 2 things you could do:

1) Wait. Let time reveal its path and destiny for you.

OR

2) Go out and grab your desired destiny.

The choice is your, not anyone else's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have tried that. Sometimes I feel like I will be ok to be with friends with her. Other times it kills me, I want more than this. She is always in my thoughts. I can't tell her how I feel, she has a bf, she won't leave him. Even if she did leave him for me, that's not good and she could do the same to me. There really is no good ending here for me and it kills me. I really don't know what to do
Take her for a cheeky nando's
I'm not. I just want her. I can't decide what to do.

SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU.

You're never going to get her - ever.

You know what you should do?

GIVE UP AND MOVE THE **** ON.

If you don't, God help you.
You should try to see that she is just a friend and realise that if she means that much to you, if she makes you smile do you want to mess that friendship up? Try and talk to her less if you fell your becoming too clingy and I think if you really want to get over her then its time to move on.
Good luck
It's not about listening to your advice. I don't want to move on. I want her.

I just cannot decide what is more important for me. Having her in my life as a friend, or telling her how I feel (again) being most likely rejected, and then damaging the relationship altogether..

Are you alright??! You ask people on for their advice but you would not listen to them...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just goes to show that long distance relationships rarely work...
Everyone, STOP REPLYING. Even if this guy is a troll or genuinely lovesick/love-crazy over this girl, there is clearly something wrong with his mental state, and you are feeding his behaviour.

Clearly, advice is not needed here, either because he's getting a thrill out of winding people up, or he is ignoring it and will end up in prison for sexual assault or murdering his "love". Frankly, all these threads are scary as hell to read, so what is the point in exacerbating things?? You are all online, someone physically there will have to drag him to get help, or he himself will get into trouble. Either way, TSR members can do bugger all about it.

And as for the OP; get a life, get better, and most definitely get off here.
Original post by librarygirl
Everyone, STOP REPLYING. Even if this guy is a troll or genuinely lovesick/love-crazy over this girl, there is clearly something wrong with his mental state, and you are feeding his behaviour.

Clearly, advice is not needed here, either because he's getting a thrill out of winding people up, or he is ignoring it and will end up in prison for sexual assault or murdering his "love". Frankly, all these threads are scary as hell to read, so what is the point in exacerbating things?? You are all online, someone physically there will have to drag him to get help, or he himself will get into trouble. Either way, TSR members can do bugger all about it.

And as for the OP; get a life, get better, and most definitely get off here.

I'm actually starting to think he's serious, and not a troll.

I didn't realise he had over 20 threads dedicated to the "love" for a girl he knows ... I'm pretty sure a troll wouldn't go on for this long, it'd be boring after a while!!
Definitely not a troll. Is there anyone here that understands what I am going through? I know deep down I can't have her. I'm trying to accept that fact. But it's difficult. I think about her all the time. The fact that I think I have a chance with her is just me in denial I guess.

I won't kill anyone haha that's funny you think that.

I guess I have been treating her like she is more than a friend and it's come to the point where I realise what I have been doing and I am just struggling to come to terms with it all.

And I don't want to lose her from my life.

I may say to her I need some time away from her to find myself again.

I really like her and having her in my life is more important than my feelings for her.
I wish things were different but it's time to stop fantasizing and look at the reality.
Circles. You're going in them.
Original post by SophieSmall
Circles. You're going in them.

Definitely not a troll. Is there anyone here that understands what I am going through? I know deep down I can't have her. I'm trying to accept that fact. But it's difficult. I think about her all the time. The fact that I think I have a chance with her is just me in denial I guess.

I've been there and done that. More than once unfortuantely. The only thing that worked is by taking a break. And by that, we couldn't have any contact at all. So, that meant absolutely no texting, no Facebook and no email.

We're now fine. He decided to cut contact for a few months or so. I then decided that I needed to wait a few weeks before adding him as a Facebook friend. (because I wanted to see how everything went) During those few weeks of waiting, we did talk a bit, which I was hoping would happen. I just wanted to wait just in case things got a bit difficult for me / I became clingy again.

That was 2013. I'm nowhere near as clingy as I was back then. We talk now again, meet up, etc. (which due to distance and general life stuff isn't that often)

My problem (which he is well aware of and unfortuantely used it against me in an argument) is that I have Autism. Because of this, I tend to get really clingy and obsessive towards people.

I won't kill anyone haha that's funny you think that.

I guess I have been treating her like she is more than a friend and it's come to the point where I realise what I have been doing and I am just struggling to come to terms with it all.

And I don't want to lose her from my life.

I may say to her I need some time away from her to find myself again.

I really like her and having her in my life is more important than my feelings for her.
I wish things were different but it's time to stop fantasizing and look at the reality.

Yes, because no man ever lost control when he pined for and stalked a woman he couldn't have. I've known men like you, and every time, threatening behaviour eventually came into it.

You sound like Jake Gyllenhaal in "The Good Girl". Obsessive and unhinged. Even if you did have a chance with this so called best friend, it sounds like you'd both screw it up with your clingy needy behaviour and her neglect. Once you see unrequited love for what it actually would be, that takes the rose tint off.
Also, when did anyone's life story solely depend on knowing ONE person out of billions for 2 years?
just tell her jeez!!
Original post by librarygirl
Yes, because no man ever lost control when he pined for and stalked a woman he couldn't have. I've known men like you, and every time, threatening behaviour eventually came into it.

You sound like Jake Gyllenhaal in "The Good Girl". Obsessive and unhinged. Even if you did have a chance with this so called best friend, it sounds like you'd both screw it up with your clingy needy behaviour and her neglect. Once you see unrequited love for what it actually would be, that takes the rose tint off.
Also, when did anyone's life story solely depend on knowing ONE person out of billions for 2 years?

No there won't be any threatening behaviour.

So how can I stop being so clingy and needy?

Latest

Trending

Trending