The Student Room Group
In my sixth form, there is a 'Connexions Advisor', personally I don't like him. I had my interview last year about what I wanted to get from life, he said he would send me out details about the career I was interested in, he didn't. I went to see him two weeks later, he said he would send them, another week passed and he didn't, and now he wants the whole of sixth form to arrange an interview with him, well he can just **** off. :smile:

I think actually sticking to their word is a good place to start, another thing in our sixth form is just shelves of prospectuses for the universities and booklets about careers, whoop-de-doo.
-1066-
another thing in our sixth form is just shelves of prospectuses for the universities and booklets about careers, whoop-de-doo.

My sixth form college had those as well. :p:

Personally, I didn't really have any complaints about the careers help my college provided. I remember that those aiming to go to uni were given a lot of help with planning their application and personal statement early on, while those aiming to go straight into work (not actually that many) were given advice on putting together a CV and tackling interviews.
We don't have a careers section at college. THere is a shelve dedicated to uni prospectues though. In fact there is hardly any information about anything, apart from the college website portal thing which has a link to UCAS and Connexions.
Reply 4
twinkle.twinkle
We don't have a careers section at college. THere is a shelve dedicated to uni prospectues though. In fact there is hardly any information about anything, apart from the college website portal thing which has a link to UCAS and Connexions.

:ditto:

No careers advice at my sixth form, just the address and phone number of connexions. Im glad in a way ...it would bug me if some guy came in and started asking me random questions about the future. Its none of their business :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending