The Student Room Group

is it too late to change sixth forms?

My GCSE's were good, A*'s and A's but I dont enjoy my new sixth form at all and I want to re-take the year because I also don't think I can get A's and B's at AS where I am now. I know it's late into the year but is it too late to apply for a different college next year? I really need some advice
Reply 1
My situation is a little different but I am changing colleges. :smile:
My college is stopping a-levels, and I have contacted a few sixth forms, one said no due to a different maths exam board, but the other said yes (only biology different exam board).
So it is possible, just make enquiries to other colleges and explain your situation. I wouldn't say it is too late :smile:
Reply 2
What if their application deadline has already passed? If I was accepted into a new sixth form i've heard you can get the equivalent UMS marks for your as results and continue with A2 on another exam board, do you know anything about this?
Original post by cmmary
What if their application deadline has already passed? If I was accepted into a new sixth form i've heard you can get the equivalent UMS marks for your as results and continue with A2 on another exam board, do you know anything about this?

yes, that should be correct.
Reply 4
Hmm... Well the colleges I asked had their deadlines passed, still got into one haha. Again, just make an enquiry anyway.
Yes you can, I believe there are just some forms to fill after results but it definitely is possible.

Check this article-
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A_Guide_to_Changing_Schools_at_the_End_of_AS_Year

Quick Reply

Latest