The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

How to start a personal statement for volunteering for the Free the Children? I have a couple of points to write but I am confused to how to start it
Reply 1
Original post by sarahbatista
How to start a personal statement for volunteering for the Free the Children? I have a couple of points to write but I am confused to how to start it

I am not an expert in these sorts of things but I can try to help you! you can begin by saying something like: I am an optimistic, caring and determined individual or use other adjectives( these are just examples) I am suitable for this job because......, ( here u can talk about your experiances plus other things that can get u the. Voluntary job you can also talk about your hobbies if they are relevent e.g. You love spending time with children etc) also comment on why you would like that particular type of work and how you can help. Make sure your personal statement has a " wow factor" which makes it stand out because employees will have a lot of personal statements to read and you want to be picked from the many people who have applied.

I hope what I posted helped you but sorry I can only offer this much advice for personal statements in general.
Reply 2
thank you thank you thank you so much for your help! it was soo good!!!
Reply 3
Original post by sarahbatista
thank you thank you thank you so much for your help! it was soo good!!!

You're most welcome! I'm glad you found that helpful it makes me happy, especially since i'm not an expert!
Talk about why you want to volunteer and why you'd be good at it and why this organisation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending