The Student Room Group

Deferred entry

Hey guyz,

I've applied and have gotten offers from universities for a deferred place so I am essentially starting in 2016 and not this year. The two main unis I want to accept offers from are Bristol and Exeter (for English Lit) but lately I've become more uncertain if a gap year is really what I want. My parents think it'll be a waste of time and my original plan, which was to do an internship abroad, might not be happening. I have started my D of E Gold award so that could be something that I can do during the year. The main reason why I wanted a gap year before was because I felt like I was not ready for uni yet and I wanted to take the year to gain more confidence. But I applied really early (because of Oxford) and now that I am nearing the end of A2, I just feel uncertain. Most of my school friends are starting this year so I feel like I'm gonna be left out if I take a year out. I am also scared that the year wouldn't be really useful and that by the end of it, I would be wholly inadequate for university.

Any advice on what should I do? Should I continue with the gap year or not? Do you think once I have received the grades I need for my conditional offers I can cancel the deferred entry and start this year? If yes, do you know what steps I can do to go about it and also when should I then apply for the finance and accommodations stuff? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending