The Student Room Group

Revision Help - AS Maths

I took maths stats and today, for the first time this year, I decided to pull my socks up and start to revise. I'm fine with my other subjects (Geography, Chemistry and Biology) as I can remember the bulk of this years work and I just need to brush up on the finer details. Then I came to Maths. Not only am I finding it impossible to revise maths, but I also have no memory of any of the work. What im asking is; how should I revise for maths? I basically need to teach myself the entire syllabus again and I'm wondering what methods other people are using to recap their maths? Thanks in advance.
The best advice is to do as much past papers as you can. Maths was pretty hard for me too, but that was until I started solving past papers. So from tomorrow onward, try solving at least one maths past paper a day. If you stumble upon a question, look into the mark-scheme. If you still don't get it, ask your teacher. Just don't leave any hard question unsolved because who knows if a similar question comes in the exam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gaparkuk
I took maths stats and today, for the first time this year, I decided to pull my socks up and start to revise. I'm fine with my other subjects (Geography, Chemistry and Biology) as I can remember the bulk of this years work and I just need to brush up on the finer details. Then I came to Maths. Not only am I finding it impossible to revise maths, but I also have no memory of any of the work. What im asking is; how should I revise for maths? I basically need to teach myself the entire syllabus again and I'm wondering what methods other people are using to recap their maths? Thanks in advance.

Does this help?
Reply 3
Original post by brianeverit
Does this help?
thanks, that is great :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest