The Student Room Group

Realising no one wants me.

So I've tried the usual clubs of meeting girls, to online relationships, which sometimes work (mostly it's the girl who ends it), and I've had no luck, even when at University.

Gotten to the point of just accepting I can't find anyone and thats ok. But I don't want it to be ok for eternity.
Sorry in advance if this thread makes me seem weak at finding a girlfriend. I'd class myself as attractive, cute, smart, funny etc, but whether a girl will find that me being me is awesome, is another matter.

Also, thanks in advance if you reply to my thread. Any advice is welcome.

Some stats:

Name: Adam
Hobbies: Cycling, Tennis, watching Simpsons, Family Guy etc. HUGE Disney / Pixar fan.
Own a radio show and website called 'TranceTunes4U'; Have a huge social media presence; Study IT at Uni.

Scroll to see replies

What is your height?
Reply 2
Original post by Villa73
So I've tried the usual clubs of meeting girls, to online relationships, which sometimes work (mostly it's the girl who ends it), and I've had no luck, even when at University.

Gotten to the point of just accepting I can't find anyone and thats ok. But I don't want it to be ok for eternity.
Sorry in advance if this thread makes me seem weak at finding a girlfriend. I'd class myself as attractive, cute, smart, funny etc, but whether a girl will find that me being me is awesome, is another matter.

Some stats:

Hobbies: Cycling, Tennis, watching Simpsons, Family Guy etc. HUGE Disney / Pixar fan.
Own a radio show and website called 'TranceTunes4U'; Have a huge social media presence; Study IT at Uni.

Are you ugly? No offence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ElChapo
Are you ugly? No offence

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope. At least I don't think so. This is a recent image of myself (see attached) so I doubt that i'm ugly.
Attachment not found
You're posting this in H&R where all attachments are screened, why not just link to an imgur or something

Besides

If you're happy with yourself you wouldn't have posted this in the first place
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
You're posting this in H&R where all attachments are screened, why not just link to an imgur or something

Besides

If you're happy with yourself you wouldn't have posted this in the first place

didn't know you could link to Imgur. haven't been online in over 4 years..

and fair point.
Can you post a picture with a link that isn't blocked? :smile:
you may need to join a dating agency ? there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Reply 8
just ask a girl on your social media for a date
Heyy,

Clubs is probably the worst place to meet girls. It's normally just a one night stand thing, but don't give up! You've tried online relationships you say? What websites have you looked into? Maybe try join clubs/societies to meet new people and who knows you may find someone :smile:. you do seem outgoing which is great, how do you present yourself though? Is your body language on point?

you might eveN find someone on tsr lol :wink:
It could be some small habit that is putting people off. If you have any close friends (preferably female) it wouldn't hurt to ask if they think you do anything that's off-putting to the opposite sex. The only thing I can think of is maybe you come off overeager?
Original post by Villa73
didn't know you could link to Imgur. haven't been online in over 4 years..

and fair point.

Troll. You just said you were an IT student and owned a website with heavy social media presence
Reply 12
Original post by thisistheend
Troll. You just said you were an IT student and owned a website with heavy social media presence

#PlotTwist
theres always someone who likes you, you just don't know it until you actually talk with them in a good moment
Original post by thisistheend

Could be as a quick bit of research shows that TranceTunes4U doesn't even have 1000 followers/views
Reply 15
Original post by D_ecrivaine
Could be as a quick bit of research shows that TranceTunes4U doesn't even have 1000 followers/views

Thanks to those who claim I'm a troll or a fake. However, you are wrong on every point.

I study IT at Uni, yes. Have my own website, yes (http://trancetunes4u.weebly.com/). Huge social media presence, yes (@ASOTBirmingham 3.6K followers).
So yeah, the stats are true.

Relating to @TranceTunes4U which is my radio show. I only post the tracklist when my show goes on the air every month.

Twitter Stats:
TranceTunes4U has 600 odd followers.
ASOTBirmingham has 3.6K. Huge difference as one is my personal, and the other is solely for the radio show.
Other social media includes Instagram, Facebook, SoundCloud & MixCloud. Obviously these will have less of a following as I don't post much to them.
Reply 16
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Heyy,

Clubs is probably the worst place to meet girls. It's normally just a one night stand thing, but don't give up! You've tried online relationships you say? What websites have you looked into? Maybe try join clubs/societies to meet new people and who knows you may find someone :smile:. you do seem outgoing which is great, how do you present yourself though? Is your body language on point?

you might eveN find someone on tsr lol :wink:

Good points there. Thanks Loafing Charizard. (Pokemon fan I guess?)
Websites include POF, Match.com and EHarmony.
I do come across as a 'friends' type of person. Maybe that's my weakness.
Reply 17
Original post by cajach
Can you post a picture with a link that isn't blocked? :smile:

http://imgur.com/QkPsZsb

hope that isn't blocked & answers your question.
Original post by Villa73
Good points there. Thanks Loafing Charizard. (Pokemon fan I guess?)
Websites include POF, Match.com and EHarmony.
I do come across as a 'friends' type of person. Maybe that's my weakness.

Haha yes, a pokemon fan :smile:

Oh I see, the online relationships you had were short term I take it then? Hmm nothing wrong in the friends type of person but yeh when you meet the special someone - and it will happen sooner or later, you'll be good :smile:

I take it you're an Aston Villa fan ?
Original post by Villa73

Some stats:

I never understood why people bother listing their hobbies when it come to advertising themselves for dating. No one is going to be attracted to you because you watch Family Guy or are good at chess.

I've made fake online dating accounts before using attractive men's pictures where no attempt was made to sound interesting, and in many cases I just left the written side of these accounts blank. Guess what I still got flooded with interest from women - this contrasts to the stories you here about, and they seem quite common, where genuine, multi-faceted guys have had no success at all. Draw from this what you will.

Also no one cares what you think of yourself. You sound confident, which is good I suppose for your mental health - but as you can probably determine confidence is not the powerful aphrodisiac it's commonly thought of being.

If you want an honest appraisal of your situation it'd be best you post a picture. Self judgement is always going to bring you a murky grasp on reality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending