The Student Room Group

Hows your Easter revision going?

Mines going bad haha! im slacking way too much

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Edit: Didn't notice this was a gcse thread, damn front page but,

GCSE's aren't too bad, I didn't start revising until a few weeks before :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
You're on Easter holiday now? We don't break up until tomorrow! But I haven't started revision for most of my subjects :s-smilie:
I'm kinda slacking a bit too- I got Chemistry up to an A* standard, learnt about a minute of a language oral presentation and I've done a couple of past papers in some other subject but thats literally it.
Original post by Tibbz2
Edit: Didn't notice this was a gcse thread, damn front page but,

GCSE's aren't too bad, I didn't start revising until a few weeks before :smile:

Just out of interest, what were your grades?
Getting stuff done but at a ridiculous snail pace....

So you could say, I'm doing badly.

I just can't seem to be able to bring myself to care :mad:
Reply 6
Original post by Diligence
Just out of interest, what were your grades?

I think they were 7 A*'s, 5A's and a B?

Good by some people's standards, bad by others :tongue:

At the end of the day, for everyone in our year, GCSEs really didn't matter at all when applying to uni (unless you're looking at Oxbridge), so I wouldn't stress too much, just do the best you can and it will be fine.
Reply 7
omg, i feel so behind on revision...i always leave things till the last minute :s
Original post by Tibbz2
I think they were 7 A*'s, 5A's and a B?

Good by some people's standards, bad by others :tongue:

At the end of the day, for everyone in our year, GCSEs really didn't matter at all when applying to uni (unless you're looking at Oxbridge), so I wouldn't stress too much, just do the best you can and it will be fine.

That's solid. Would you say there's still sufficient time to replicate yours grades? The major stumbling block for me is that I don't think the task is achievable given the time left, which demotivates me.
Reply 9
Original post by JuliaM1998
I'm kinda slacking a bit too- I got Chemistry up to an A* standard, learnt about a minute of a language oral presentation and I've done a couple of past papers in some other subject but thats literally it.

Just curious: How did you get chemistry to an A* standard? (As in what have you spent time doing for it?) I have been trying to revise and improve chemistry, but since I am doing further additional and there are basically no past papers available, its hard to know what to do :biggrin: :O
ooh well done guys,
Don't worry I'm sure you'll get your stuff done!:smile:

I'm still making notes for everything atm and need to get my butt in gear to learn stuff instead haha

I've only done French, Maths and economics past papers so far:colondollar: which went ok just need to work on maths!

I can't believe its Wednesday already eek!

Anyone else still making notes??

I would like to do past papers for science but the thing is we haven't finished the courses yet so I can't!
Reply 11
Original post by Diligence
That's solid. Would you say there's still sufficient time to replicate yours grades? The major stumbling block for me is that I don't think the task is achievable given the time left, which demotivates me.

Easily, just make sure you know what you need to learn, and keep working at it, there's more time left than you might think :smile:

(I still haven't started revising for my A Levels :colondollar: )
Original post by turn-to-page394
Getting stuff done but at a ridiculous snail pace....

So you could say, I'm doing badly.

I just can't seem to be able to bring myself to care :mad:

aww bless u I was like that too!i first started to get going by music in my ears...got me going!then I carried on without it..try it if u like!what are u studying anyways?
oh god don't you think the holidays are going quick??god its almost the end of the first week!!!:eek:
Original post by skhan99
aww bless u I was like that too!i first started to get going by music in my ears...got me going!then I carried on without it..try it if u like!what are u studying anyways?

i do that sometimes but i end up getting distracted by creating new playlists. :colondollar:

what can i say, i'm a procrastination pro. :biggrin: It's ok, once I get into the flow, it'll be fine. Just slow starting this easter... Whyyyyy.

I'm studying gcses (triple science, english lit and lang, french, geography, history, latin )and D1 (maths).
Wbu? :smile:
Original post by Abeh
Just curious: How did you get chemistry to an A* standard? (As in what have you spent time doing for it?) I have been trying to revise and improve chemistry, but since I am doing further additional and there are basically no past papers available, its hard to know what to do :biggrin: :O

I'm doing edexcel IGCSE chemistry and Ive literally found it so hard for such a long time but like last year for my summer exams, this year for mocks and now again ive spent about a week or two cramming in the specification but I find that the more I learn on the spec, the more I gradually understand things and then I did 5 past papers and i got it up from a B to an A* :smile: If you make sure you know everything on the spec like things will start to make more sense because you can link different facts together a bit more
i do that sometimes but i end up getting distracted by creating new playlists. :colondollar:

what can i say, i'm a procrastination pro. :biggrin: It's ok, once I get into the flow, it'll be fine. Just slow starting this easter... Whyyyyy.

I'm studying gcses (triple science, english lit and lang, french, geography, history, latin )and D1 (maths).
Wbu? :smile:

haha lol:smile: thats grt!im doing triple science,english lit and lang,graphic products,business studies and history.
aww dont worry youll get there!:redface:wanna study together?im doing gcses too btw
im in yr10
Original post by skhan99
haha lol:smile: thats grt!im doing triple science,english lit and lang,graphic products,business studies and history.
aww dont worry youll get there!:redface:wanna study together?im doing gcses too btw
im in yr10

no maths? :biggrin: Graphic products sounds cool - not available at my school so I have no idea what it is but still! It sounds awesome. :redface:

hopefully i will :P
Ahaha, i suck at studying with people irl :rolleyes: - it either goes down the procrastination route or the frustrated 'debate' route (aka me getting annoyed for no reason)... But other than that, I'd be happy to give help if I can (obvs not with graphic products :biggrin:). Just PM me or something. :smile:

Ur in Year 10! I don't remember revising in the easter holidays when I was in year 10 :colondollar: good for you for being productive :smile: You should check out the Year 10 thread btw :wink:
I'm in year 11 eeeek!

Original post by JuliaM1998
I'm doing edexcel IGCSE chemistry and Ive literally found it so hard for such a long time but like last year for my summer exams, this year for mocks and now again ive spent about a week or two cramming in the specification but I find that the more I learn on the spec, the more I gradually understand things and then I did 5 past papers and i got it up from a B to an A* :smile: If you make sure you know everything on the spec like things will start to make more sense because you can link different facts together a bit more

High five for edexcel igcse. :biggrin:
no maths? :biggrin: Graphic products sounds cool - not available at my school so I have no idea what it is but still! It sounds awesome. :redface:

hopefully i will :P
Ahaha, i suck at studying with people irl :rolleyes: - it either goes down the procrastination route or the frustrated 'debate' route (aka me getting annoyed for no reason)... But other than that, I'd be happy to give help if I can (obvs not with graphic products :biggrin:). Just PM me or something. :smile:

Ur in Year 10! I don't remember revising in the easter holidays when I was in year 10 :colondollar: good for you for being productive :smile: You should check out the Year 10 thread btw :wink:
I'm in year 11 eeeek!

High five for edexcel igcse. :biggrin:

oh thank u!to be honest im quite organised when it comes to revising..its my kinda thing!well yes that would be grt!but this will shock u...im actually a yr back!:frown:really struggling in yr 9..it was horrible..
Original post by skhan99
oh thank u!to be honest im quite organised when it comes to revising..its my kinda thing!well yes that would be grt!but this will shock u...im actually a yr back!:frown:really struggling in yr 9..it was horrible..

wish it was my kind of thing... :mad: normally it is but not feeling it right now (urgh)

:frown: Aw. So you were held back a year? Hope everything's going better now. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest