Selwyn College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Unconditional? :eek:

I got an offer for maths - AAA11. :biggrin:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
I got an offer for Engineering. AAA in maths, physics and chemistry.

\o/ :biggrin:
Reply 22
generalebriety
Unconditional? :eek:

I got an offer for maths - AAA11. :biggrin:

That's great, well done. I got the same offer last year.
I think I know two people who got in with a 2,1 in STEP at Selwyn (though one was ill at the time), but I'm sure you'll make it fine.
Reply 23
Im hopefully coming to Selwyn next year to read law! My interviewers were really really sound and friendly. The students I met at the college were also friendly and the bar was decent enough- I think I've made the best choice of college right?
Reply 24
Im hopefully coming to Selwyn next year to read law! My interviewers were really really sound and friendly. The students I met at the college were also friendly and the bar was decent enough- I think I've made the best choice of college right?

Without a shadow of a doubt!

As I rolled out of bed at 8.55 this morning, and still made my 9am lecture on time, I thanked my lucky stars.

Anyway, tell me about these students you met in the bar... :biggrin:
Reply 25
Ah you're doing Law there too? So is Janet you're director of studies- any good?

Cant remember any names to be honest, tho they all were pretty decent!

So is 'Selwynite' the frequented term for those at Selwyn? Its such a class name for a college I think lol- part of my criteria for applying there obviously! lol
Reply 26
Hey I'm new to this site but there seems to be a load of Law students which is cool! I've been given a conditional offer, so fingers crossed I'll be seeing you in October! I gotta say I'm kinda suprised Selwyn don't get more Law applicants... I mean, it's a really nice place, plus it's right next to the Law department, therefore less distance to walk, therefore more lie-ins! What else do you want in life? :smile:
Reply 27
Nouna :)
Hey I'm new to this site but there seems to be a load of Law students which is cool! I've been given a conditional offer, so fingers crossed I'll be seeing you in October! I gotta say I'm kinda suprised Selwyn don't get more Law applicants... I mean, it's a really nice place, plus it's right next to the Law department, therefore less distance to walk, therefore more lie-ins! What else do you want in life? :smile:

Cyprus? Lol i remember you! I was that Irish guy who was waiting in the Porters lodge then accidently got into your taxi! The other girl I was waiting with got pooled sadly...

Anyway, werid meeting you again on this thing- Im new to it as well- feel like a bit of an internet geek posting on it lol but ah well- some good has come out of it.

What was your offer?
Wonder if i met any of you?
I was the ginger 3rd architecture student.
Congrats to all and sundry!
Reply 29
Cyprus? Lol i remember you! I was that Irish guy who was waiting in the Porters lodge then accidently got into your taxi! The other girl I was waiting with got pooled sadly...

Anyway, werid meeting you again on this thing- Im new to it as well- feel like a bit of an internet geek posting on it lol but ah well- some good has come out of it.

What was your offer?

Wow, small world huh? lol, congrats to you too :smile: I was offered AAA (typical!) I have to say I'm more than a tiny bit worried about getting them! I'm taking History, English Lit and Maths, yourself??

I know what you mean about the "internet geek" bit... I'm seriously bad with technology... I got a new computer for my birthday and managed to break it 3 weeks later >.< lol!

good luck with any exams you're taking right now, and to everyone else on the site!!!
Reply 30
Ah you're doing Law there too? So is Janet you're director of studies- any good?

Cant remember any names to be honest, tho they all were pretty decent!

So is 'Selwynite' the frequented term for those at Selwyn? Its such a class name for a college I think lol- part of my criteria for applying there obviously! lol

Janet is awesome! Such a legend!

Selwynite is indeed the term of endearment attached to members of or wonderful College.

You looking forward to coming up?
Reply 31
Yeh, fully cant wait! Seems like a great place to spend the next 3 years...not lookin foward to any of the work/exams tho! Is first year usually pretty easy or what?
Reply 32
Errrmm.... Easy isn't perhaps the best word to describe the year. Law takes a certain amount of time to get used to, and can be a little tricky at first. But you soon get into the swing of things. First year is certainly easier than second year, simply because you do less subjects.
Reply 33
Well if I get in, I'll see you guys in the JCR and cantine. :smile:
Do you know anybody who is applying for maths at selwyn for entry in 2008?
i know loads of current Selwyn mathmos :smile: dunno if thats any help
yeah that is really helpful thankyou is it possible you could give some way of contacing them via e-mail or getting in touch just to ask a few questions or alternatively can you ask them to send me info via this thread? thankjs
just post your questions here or PM me, and i'll see if i can get some answers for you
Thanks I will post some questions shortly
Mr. Complex Number
yeah that is really helpful thankyou is it possible you could give some way of contacing them via e-mail or getting in touch just to ask a few questions or alternatively can you ask them to send me info via this thread? thankjs

I've applied for 2007 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending