The Student Room Group

Exemptions for ACA

Hi guys, just have a quick question about exemptions. I have 7 exemptions and the firm I have a training contract with says they allow me to take them. Now when I start my contract, I won't be going to any of the classes for the exams I'm exempt from (obviously). Would this make it harder for me in the long run since some of the other graduates may be more familiar with these exams since they have 0 exemptions? Thanks guys.
Reply 1
Original post by crayy
Hi guys, just have a quick question about exemptions. I have 7 exemptions and the firm I have a training contract with says they allow me to take them. Now when I start my contract, I won't be going to any of the classes for the exams I'm exempt from (obviously). Would this make it harder for me in the long run since some of the other graduates may be more familiar with these exams since they have 0 exemptions? Thanks guys.

The downside is heavily outweighed by the upside. That's 7 less exams you need to worry about passing, and 7 less chances to fail.

So in short, take them and be glad of it! You can always look over the material in your spare time if you want to.

One thing you might want to enquire about is whether you can begin taking the exams you do need to take immediately, rather than waiting for your intake to essentially catch up. Advantage being you could potentially get them out of the way in 12-18 months and also the content will be fresher in your memory.
Original post by crayy

I've never heard anyone complain about an exemption leaving them unprepared for an exam. I myself had 3 (which I realize is far less than your 7) and never felt like I was missing out on something.

At least the way Kaplan teaches material, everything you'll need to know for a given exam you'll learn on the course.
Couldn't agree more with both posters above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending