The Student Room Group
Ugh... i did my Extended Essay (IB requirement) on mung beans. I don't know how many seedlings i killed, they haunt me to this day :frown:

Haha sorry for the digression. Basically, abscisic acid (ABA) inhibits growth by interfering with nucleic acid metabolism, which prevents the translation of mRNA coding for enzymes such as alpha-amylase. The enzyme which promotes growth is called gibberellic acid (GA) and its levels been shown to increase when the seed is germinating. Try finding some books in the library about this, that's what i did.
I just realised that i didn't really answer your question :frown:

I did tons of research on this and i nothing i found even mentioned catalase. The only things they wrote about were GA and ABA.

Do you have to write about catalase specifically?

I managed to fish out some more stuff for you from my essay: abscisic acid and giberellic acid appear to have antagonistic effects. Experiments have shown however, that the amount of giberellic acid in the cell does not actually increase significantly, hence it can be concluded that it is actually the embryo’s sensitivity to the hormone that increases.

Hope that was some help. If not... sorry!
Reply 3
HELP!!! I dont know what to do with the hydrogen peroxide i mean where does that come into in the method? i dont know what variables to use and i dont know what ranges i should be using. please help me :redface:
Reply 4
Can anyone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im spanish and i have to do this planning exercise and i hav no idea wat to do.
[email protected]
thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending