The Student Room Group

Uni - Need some advice? :(

Ok, so I started uni at UCL in September 2013 but in April 2014 l had to take a year out due to depression and I am due back to sit my exams in 2 weeks I had to fill in a form and medical note 2 wks ago to say I was fit to go back but the thing is I don't think I am I'm still anxious and depressed and i haven't slept in 2 days, can barely function and cant even face revision or exams and I just don't know what to do?

What makes it harder is my course is quite unique so its not like I can just re-apply and do a different course and this is one of the only ones in the UK.

I was ill like this during A-level so my Alevels took me 3 years and Ive already had a yr out and feel like I should have got myself sorted and Im worried if I don't pass this year then I don't know what would happen.

Any advice welcome
Original post by Laura249
Ok, so I started uni at UCL in September 2013 but in April 2014 l had to take a year out due to depression and I am due back to sit my exams in 2 weeks I had to fill in a form and medical note 2 wks ago to say I was fit to go back but the thing is I don't think I am I'm still anxious and depressed and i haven't slept in 2 days, can barely function and cant even face revision or exams and I just don't know what to do?

What makes it harder is my course is quite unique so its not like I can just re-apply and do a different course and this is one of the only ones in the UK.

I was ill like this during A-level so my Alevels took me 3 years and Ive already had a yr out and feel like I should have got myself sorted and Im worried if I don't pass this year then I don't know what would happen.

Any advice welcome

If you are not ready, you are not ready. What is the point in sitting exams having not revised for them.

University is not the be all and end all. Why don't you take time out and get a job - any job - for the moment. It will give you a chance to gather your thoughts and get better. I suspect this course is not for you either.
Reply 2
Original post by squeakysquirrel
If you are not ready, you are not ready. What is the point in sitting exams having not revised for them.

University is not the be all and end all. Why don't you take time out and get a job - any job - for the moment. It will give you a chance to gather your thoughts and get better. I suspect this course is not for you either.

Thanks for your advice but i really like the course so don't want to just take time out and there aren't other courses i want to do but at the same time I am not functioning and I have already said I am well enough to go back when I talked to my Gp but I now realise I'm not and was just trying to put on a brave face

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending