The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Music Students

Heya, I was just wondering if there were any other prospective Leeds music students on here :smile: I'm not totally decided yet on where I'm going, narrowed it down to Leeds Sheffield and Birmingham, and was thinking it would be good to hear from other people what made them choose Leeds. Or if there's any current students with advice/opinions on what the department is like?
Bit late to the party but I'm studying Music at Leeds in September!!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by EllenA1997
Bit late to the party but I'm studying Music at Leeds in September!!

Hahah ah great! What d'you play? Are you waiting for results on Thursday? I'm so nervous...
Reply 3
Original post by aoifeaoifeaoife
Heya, I was just wondering if there were any other prospective Leeds music students on here :smile: I'm not totally decided yet on where I'm going, narrowed it down to Leeds Sheffield and Birmingham, and was thinking it would be good to hear from other people what made them choose Leeds. Or if there's any current students with advice/opinions on what the department is like?

My friend had Leeds as an insurance and Kings or York as a firm (think she went with York) for music
Original post by aoifeaoifeaoife
Hahah ah great! What d'you play? Are you waiting for results on Thursday? I'm so nervous...

Well I had to do BTec music so I know my result, but I did A Level Law and Graphics but I'm not THAT worried yet... It will probably kick in tomorrow night!

Oh, and I'm grade 8 trumpet and trombone, grade 6 piano, I also play the guitar, bass ukulele, and I've bought an alto saxophone ready to start learning soon. How abou you?
Original post by EllenA1997
Well I had to do BTec music so I know my result, but I did A Level Law and Graphics but I'm not THAT worried yet... It will probably kick in tomorrow night!

Oh, and I'm grade 8 trumpet and trombone, grade 6 piano, I also play the guitar, bass ukulele, and I've bought an alto saxophone ready to start learning soon. How abou you?

Ah fair enough! Oh wow thats amazing, I'm grade 8 clarinet and I have passable piano skills but nothing amazing, haven't had lessons for years though. Ah cool, I've always wanted to pick up the sax, especially as its so easy to transfer from clarinet to sax but I never found the time or confidence to actually start! Performing's not really my main interest, I'm more excited to start learning more of the musicology and music science side of things. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest