The Student Room Group

Article: Dealing with exam pressure and stress

Scroll to see replies

:wavey:

This article is now live :rave:

What's your top tip for staying healthy during exam season?
Reply 2
Winding down time is so important.
Going to the gym regularly and eating healthily, particularly healthy revision snacks. I often hear people saying that they don't have time to go to the gym during the exam season. What? That makes no sense. If revision is stopping your from exercising, you're doing something wrong. Health before anything else! :biggrin:
Staying active is a big part of staying healthy during exam season. It keeps your mind fresh. Also finding time to relax is important, but I know it can be quite hard to relax fully as I used to feel guilty for not revising!
Reply 5
I don't. The stress kills my immune system, tonsillitis, viral infections, colds, the flu. The lot, you name it, i've got it during exam season.

I try and eat tidy, not binge on junk & energy drinks, and I try to space out my revision and go for walks but despite all that I'm still ill as sin

This is so good. I now know how to deal with things. I have suffered from panic attacks since October last year. It is horrible, but I know how to calm down. From now on I will be doing as this says, waking up and looking out of the window. As I do so, I will set a goal for the day.
Ahh, I'm already failing :facepalm:

Just got sinusitis over these past few days, and can't concentrate - AT ALL!

Spoiler

FML!!!

Definitely causing me a lot of stress right now!
"How do you stay healthy during exam season?"

lol, i dont.

Chocolate and junk food in general is the only thing getting me through revision right now... :tongue:
I don't stay healthy outside of 'exam season'.
SLEEP. Those extra five minutes you want to stay up and go on the internet or whatever? Don't. It'll do you a world of good, you might not get more energised from sleeping 5 more minutes, but you'll feel as though you're making progress, like you've done something to help yourself, trust me :smile:
Original post by TheStudent18
Staying active is a big part of staying healthy during exam season. It keeps your mind fresh. Also finding time to relax is important, but I know it can be quite hard to relax fully as I used to feel guilty for not revising!

Oh I know, I so agree! Like, I want to have to time to relax, but unless I'm going to sleep, I feel guilty for doing so. There's always that thought in the back of your mind that stops you from being able to let go.
working consistently well during the term before exam starts has helped me to reduced the stress of exams, and also reduces the workload which helps me to balance the gym and a little bit of other social activities even during exam periods.
Reply 13
Those bullet points is my situation Right now ... I feel i haven't read at all..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mobbsy91

Spoiler

FML!!!

Does steam inhalation help you much?
Original post by mobbsy91

Spoiler

FML!!!

Dude, SAME. I got sinusitis as well and I don't know anymore. with exams so soon, I feel like a failure already. I cant even sit straight with all of my muscles aching and my head ughhh!
Original post by StretfordEnd
Does steam inhalation help you much?

Someone else suggested that, and I tried it last night but to no apparent avail...

Original post by poojayuki
Dude, SAME. I got sinusitis as well and I don't know anymore. with exams so soon, I feel like a failure already. I cant even sit straight with all of my muscles aching and my head ughhh!

Yep... Doing practice essays and I'm just like **** I can't concentrate at all! The doc prescribed me a big bunch of meds though so hopefully it'll be gone ASAP!
Original post by Nav_Mallhi
Going to the gym regularly and eating healthily, particularly healthy revision snacks. I often hear people saying that they don't have time to go to the gym during the exam season. What? That makes no sense. If revision is stopping your from exercising, you're doing something wrong. Health before anything else! :biggrin:

This. I'd always break up my revision days with the gym.

I found I'd often do more work if I knew I was going to the gym in an hour. I'd be extra focused on getting work done fast rather than just plodding along all day.

And then afterwards you're full of energy and can get stuck in again.
I don't.

I range between eating absolutely nothing for a couple of days then binging on Maryland Cookies and giant Cadbury's bars. Don't move from the sofa/my bed. Get no sleep..

This leads to more stress :cry2:.

Oh well, four weeks and it'll be over :moon:.
I honestly don't get 'exam stress'. Theres no point in worrying about something, use that time to revise/refresh yourself.
In my morning break i watch utube/play fifa.
Evening break my heads a little tired by now so i go to the gym, gives my eyes a break.

Quick Reply

Latest