The Student Room Group

Is it bad to ask a girl out who's older than me

Well i recently saw this girl that i met online ( and yes i've seen her around my area) and well i feel i like her but she's in year 10 and i'm in year 9 a whole year difference. i'm thinking of asking her out. Is it bad to go out with a girl who's older than me by one year? Usually i don't care about things like this and what others think but i find it kinda weird .
No.
Reply 2
Original post by Lawrence-18
Well i recently saw this girl that i met online ( and yes i've seen her around my area) and well i feel i like her but she's in year 10 and i'm in year 9 a whole year difference. i'm thinking of asking her out. Is it bad to go out with a girl who's older than me by one year? Usually i don't care about things like this and what others think but i find it kinda weird .

Maybe get to know her more and then think about going out if you feel like it's right. A one year difference isn't too bad in gener but at secondary school it can feel like a 100 year difference. So just do what feels right - you know yourself better than anyone else.
Reply 3
If you feel weird about it your relationship is going to be awkward
As a girl I went out with someone 3 school years above (who im still with). Theres nothing wrong with the age difference especially if she likes you. i find it more common for girls to date up than down though noone bats an eyelid at 1 year difference
hey im a girl and went out with a boy in the year below (he was in year 12). He's eight months younger than me.
We are planning a future together now and are moving in together in a month
I'm 21 in July
I found it really strange at first but now looking back I realise how silly I was. Everyone else kept telling me I was being silly...
Doesn't bother us (or anyone else) at all!
Go for it, 1 years difference isn't a lot, at least its not like a 5 years difference:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending