The Student Room Group

British Gas - Trainee smart meter expert

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Mattwalker17
Hi what time is yours, mine is 845, where you traveling from

Mine's at 1pm. Travelling from Caernarfon, N.Wales.
Reply 181
Hi

Everyone at my assessment was wearing suits. No one got changed for the practical. Hope helps
Reply 182
Original post by MPB27
Hi

Everyone at my assessment was wearing suits. No one got changed for the practical. Hope helps

Ok cheers! How did it go?
Original post by Mattwalker17
I'm from north Wales I had my telephone interview today and got my assessment centre on Tuesday can someone say what the dress code is as it doesn't say on the email but I do know we have a practical test to undertake, thank you

Hey Matt, when did you apply and how long after were you invited for a telephone interview? Also what assessment centre have they invited you to? Thanks and good luck :smile:
Reply 184
I received an email yesterday and have booked the telephone interview for Tuesday !
Reply 185
Got the job!! Start 7th December in Leicster anyone else going to be there
Hey there guys, good luck for thos going in for an interview and well done to those who have got the job, I'm lucky enough to be starting in leeds on the 4th January next year, is anybody else ??
Reply 187
I've just had my telephone interview tonight, passed it but was told that I still aren't guaranteed a place on the assessment day, will find out in a few days apparently. But if I am successful then the assessment days will be held this month, so when will the successful applicants be looking to start ? When did you attend the assessment day Pauldoncaster and when was you told you had got the job ? Cheers
Just found out I've been successful been given a start date of 7th of December at the academy in Tredegar anyone else going this on
Reply 189
Had my assessment day yesterday. Got told today that I was successful and will be starting in Leeds on the 23rd of November. Anyone else starting at that date? Anyone one know what hotel BG put us in?
Reply 190
Original post by Mou91
Had my assessment day yesterday. Got told today that I was successful and will be starting in Leeds on the 23rd of November. Anyone else starting at that date? Anyone one know what hotel BG put us in?

Congratulations! I'm starting then, it's the village hotel Leeds south.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 191
Original post by FGS11
Congratulations! I'm starting then, it's the village hotel Leeds south.

Cheer! Hotel looks decent! You going up on the sunday?
Reply 192
Original post by Mou91
Cheer! Hotel looks decent! You going up on the sunday?

Yeah it looks good, thought we would end up in some b+b. Yeah I am, are you?
Reply 193
Original post by FGS11
Yeah it looks good, thought we would end up in some b+b. Yeah I am, are you?

That's what I was expecting! Yeah getting the train up in the sunday
Reply 194
My brother started last november and is now qualified, he said theyre different hotels each week apparently
Reply 195
Got my assesment day booked for 1300 on tuesday the 17th in Leeds !
Reply 196
Mines on Thursday the 19th. Is your brother enjoying the job and are the targets to get to 24k sales based?
Hi, had telephone interview today and passed, received e-mail to book assessment day. Just a bit concerned that the job is actually going to turn out to be a sales job once you're in the house doing the government backed free smart meter? The activity in the group assesment seems like it's a role play to see what additional products/services you could offer a customer. Also wondering what gets you up to the 24k? Possibly these additional sales?
Reply 198
No his basic 8am - 4pm salary is £24k, then he gets time and half after that, he gets a set amount for being on call mon - thurs and a set amount for being on call fri night and all day sat, then time and half if hes called out, and time and half for working sat. He said all he does is fit and maintain smart meters, i asked about sales and he said something about an extra bonus, but the £24k salary isnt sales based
N
Reply 199
I had to wait a week to hear if i had been selected for an assesment day or not, where you based ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending