The Student Room Group

British Gas - Trainee smart meter expert

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dunny2282
Maintenance Engineer and Commander of a Challenger 2 Tank. Really enjoyed it, but with government cuts, a lot of high paid guys like myself were made redundant.

Asif, thats mint. Oh well onwards and upwards. Heres hoping all of us from the waiting list get picked up in the next couple of months
Original post by ChrisCyrus
Asif, thats mint. Oh well onwards and upwards. Heres hoping all of us from the waiting list get picked up in the next couple of months

Unfortunately that's the government for you. I think if you've been put on the list, you will no doubt about it be placed on a course, just a matter of when.
Original post by dunny2282
Unfortunately that's the government for you. I think if you've been put on the list, you will no doubt about it be placed on a course, just a matter of when.

Bloody hope so lol!
Original post by FGS11
I've cut quite a lot back as I was on 1500, but in the long run it will be worth it.

What's the van like, cheap and cheerful or modern with bluetooth etc? And do u have to pay for it?
Reply 384
Just come across the site an I to have an assessment day on the 16th. Anybody from Peterborough/Huntingdon/Fens area and got the assessment in Dartford - Hilton? Seems a bit far when I have seen Leicester mentioned? Also, what's the parking situation at the Hilton? Cheers
Original post by Houghsx
Just come across the site an I to have an assessment day on the 16th. Anybody from Peterborough/Huntingdon/Fens area and got the assessment in Dartford - Hilton? Seems a bit far when I have seen Leicester mentioned? Also, what's the parking situation at the Hilton? Cheers

I live half hour from Leicester and was placed at Leeds Academy for the assessment day. If you pass assessment they will try and place you in the nearest academy to your place of residence. I'm on the list waiting for a slot at Leicester in the new year .. Good luck mate
Reply 386
Thanks for that. I must admit I'm a bit concerned with you guys being placed on a waiting list. Puts you in an awkward situation if your looking for work really but then maybe I should worry about that if I'm successful and not right now :smile:
Glad I found this site as well, lots of good info.
They use the list to fill the slots at the academies, if successful you will eventually be placed on a Course/job which could take up to 6 months so I'm told... Just a matter of waiting really.
I'm at the Dartford assessment centre on the 16th - Anyone else here going to be there?
Reply 389
Original post by grawlix1
I'm at the Dartford assessment centre on the 16th - Anyone else here going to be there?

I am at 13.00
Can someone pm the number for the recruitment department please

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Reply 391
What's the van like, cheap and cheerful or modern with bluetooth etc? And do u have to pay for it?

It's a brand new VW caddy, it's got Bluetooth but your not allowed to use it when driving to speak on the phon but I use it for my iPod. No nothing at all, you get 2 fuel cards and if you get any problems with it you ring a company up and they come and fix it
Original post by FGS11
It's a brand new VW caddy, it's got Bluetooth but your not allowed to use it when driving to speak on the phon but I use it for my iPod. No nothing at all, you get 2 fuel cards and if you get any problems with it you ring a company up and they come and fix it

Thats cool. I wouldnt use it for calls anyway but i suppose they wouldnt know if u did anyway. That's good because my bro works for sky and about 100 a month gets deducted from his wage to pay for the van but because of that he pays less tax or something. It's definitely 100% free, the van? If he gets any van problems he has to take it all the way to leeds from scarborough, so it's great that they come to you with british gas! Wonder why you would need two fuel cards. Is there anywhere that doesnt accept them? I really hope i come off the waiting list asap and get this job now!
Reply 393
Thats cool. I wouldnt use it for calls anyway but i suppose they wouldnt know if u did anyway. That's good because my bro works for sky and about 100 a month gets deducted from his wage to pay for the van but because of that he pays less tax or something. It's definitely 100% free, the van? If he gets any van problems he has to take it all the way to leeds from scarborough, so it's great that they come to you with british gas! Wonder why you would need two fuel cards. Is there anywhere that doesnt accept them? I really hope i come off the waiting list asap and get this job now!

Yeah 100 free, but you can't use it for personal use so I don't know if your brother is allowed. Ones a BP card which is who they prefer you to fill up with (they have a deal with them to get cheaper fuel) the other ones for everywhere else. I would of thought you would mate, they doubling the amount of courses at Leeds next year so if your on the waiting list I would of thought you have a great chance
Still after that number if anyones got it?

Reply 395
Original post by Karl carr
Still after that number if anyones got it?

0113 254 8282 That's for Leeds just ask for recruitment
Original post by FGS11
0113 254 8282 That's for Leeds just ask for recruitment

Cheers for the reply FGS11

Original post by FGS11
Yeah 100 free, but you can't use it for personal use so I don't know if your brother is allowed. Ones a BP card which is who they prefer you to fill up with (they have a deal with them to get cheaper fuel) the other ones for everywhere else. I would of thought you would mate, they doubling the amount of courses at Leeds next year so if your on the waiting list I would of thought you have a great chance

Bloody hope so lol. Yeah he gets a certain mileage allowance but if goes over it he has to pay a fair bit. But because nobody up at hq is going to check the distance to and from every single job he does each month, he uses it however he wants as long as he doesnt exceed the mileage allowance. Which i imagine bg to be the same? Not that im planning on it as i already have a car, but just cant see them checking up on the mileage for 2000 bg employees.
Reply 398
Bloody hope so lol. Yeah he gets a certain mileage allowance but if goes over it he has to pay a fair bit. But because nobody up at hq is going to check the distance to and from every single job he does each month, he uses it however he wants as long as he doesnt exceed the mileage allowance. Which i imagine bg to be the same? Not that im planning on it as i already have a car, but just cant see them checking up on the mileage for 2000 bg employees.

They have trackers in but I think they only start checking them if your doing something wrong. Apparently if you go out in them late at night your manger will get a email that it's in use
Anyone from dartford assessment on the 16th heard anything back yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending