The Student Room Group

British Gas - Trainee smart meter expert

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by dunny2282
Will do.. Only thing to do really is to keep badgering them.

Thats what i did, they offered me the job during a call that i made, they didnt get chance to call me lol
Original post by n12ead
Thats what i did, they offered me the job during a call that i made, they didnt get chance to call me lol

Haha thats brilliant! They must have been about to call you anyhow though as its all dependant on the demand.

How often did you call them? And do you still have the number to call? Lost it when i had my phone repaired.
Reply 782
Yeah, i just got to them 1st, although they might have decided how many people they needed just not which people they were going to choose, you never know. I rang like once a fortnight, then when they said they were organising numbers i rang once a week
Original post by n12ead
Yeah, i just got to them 1st, although they might have decided how many people they needed just not which people they were going to choose, you never know. I rang like once a fortnight, then when they said they were organising numbers i rang once a week

Do you still have the phone number please? I lost it when i had my phone repaired.
Cheers
I have just phoned them again and February was the last manning meeting. I was told they are every 3 months. So i asked her as i was put on the reserve list in November if there was much chance of me coming off with a job on the next meeting and she didnt sound to promising. I was after the colchester, Clacton & ipswich area also. Back to the drawing board i think

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
For those that have asked. 0800 801161

Original post by Karl carr
I have just phoned them again and February was the last manning meeting. I was told they are every 3 months. So i asked her as i was put on the reserve list in November if there was much chance of me coming off with a job on the next meeting and she didnt sound to promising. I was after the colchester, Clacton & ipswich area also. Back to the drawing board i think

You never know. 6 months (waiting list) would be may so there is still time. I would stay hopeful and keep asking. I cant imagine these waiting lists have a low chance of employment
Original post by ChrisCyrus
You never know. 6 months (waiting list) would be may so there is still time. I would stay hopeful and keep asking. I cant imagine these waiting lists have a low chance of employment

I'm remaining hopeful but it don't look promising.. But of a shoddy and unprofessional way tho .. A lot of people put their lives on hold waiting for a start only to be let down.. Don't make sense.
I'm remaining hopeful but it don't look promising.. But of a shoddy and unprofessional way tho .. A lot of people put their lives on hold waiting for a start only to be let down.. Don't make sense.

Couldn't agree nore unfortunately. With the 6 month waiting list and then potentially 6 months training means we cant plan anything for a year! Even had to sign on the assessment day to confirm we understand the holiday ban in training.
Anyone coming up to the end of thier 6 month waiting list?
Hey all,
I am attending the Leicester assessment day tomorrow. I was just wondering what kind of questions will be asked in the interview? Also, is the practical part of the assessment difficult?

Thank you
Original post by Boombox123
Hey all,
I am attending the Leicester assessment day tomorrow. I was just wondering what kind of questions will be asked in the interview? Also, is the practical part of the assessment difficult?

Thank you

Its not difficult. In regards to the questions read a few pages back - i answered that question a day or 2 ago
Just as an update - i emailed BG today about my background checks and she said it had all been passed satisfactorily and she got the confirmation email this morning. Now apparently i am just waiting to start and they'll be in touch 2 weeks before i start to confirm travel and hotel arrangements. Keep positive you guys, i'm sure it's coming just be patient
Reply 792
Just as an update - i emailed BG today about my background checks and she said it had all been passed satisfactorily and she got the confirmation email this morning. Now apparently i am just waiting to start and they'll be in touch 2 weeks before i start to confirm travel and hotel arrangements. Keep positive you guys, i'm sure it's coming just be patient

Do they include your current employer references ? I havent said im leaving yet, i'll get my fancy wagon taken off me and put on all the **** work with no overtime if they know im leaving. She said she needs at least 3 weeks though to complete my checks, so obviously i will have to hand my nktice in 3 weeks before i start. But she never mentioned the background checks, made me think they were all done together with references
Reply 793
Just a random one for the couple of lads at Glasgow from previous pages ... are the vans you get the usual VW Caddy vans ? I mean theyre not stickered up Scottish Gas or anything ? Just a random thought that entered my head today
Called them today.. Was told they will receive more number in the next month or so .. Not holding my breath like! .. Asked what's the chances of a call as there's a lot of us on this list waiting and have put our lives on hold
Original post by n12ead
Do they include your current employer references ? I havent said im leaving yet, i'll get my fancy wagon taken off me and put on all the **** work with no overtime if they know im leaving. She said she needs at least 3 weeks though to complete my checks, so obviously i will have to hand my nktice in 3 weeks before i start. But she never mentioned the background checks, made me think they were all done together with references

Yeah, they were the first things to be done. I heard through the grapevine at work that my references were asked for (this was only about a week after I got the call to say I got the job. Or maybe less than a week actually) It was 3 weeks today from the day that she told me the checks would take about 3 weeks so I was lucky. They should all be done together and they will be starting your checks already if not already completed. depends when you allowed Experian to contact your current employer I guess
Original post by n12ead
Just a random one for the couple of lads at Glasgow from previous pages ... are the vans you get the usual VW Caddy vans ? I mean theyre not stickered up Scottish Gas or anything ? Just a random thought that entered my head today

they should all be stickered. any non stickered ones could be ex-BG vans that have been sold on
Called them today.. Was told they will receive more number in the next month or so .. Not holding my breath like! .. Asked what's the chances of a call as there's a lot of us on this list waiting and have put our lives on hold

what did she say to that? Keep in mind, I was told it would be another month until they got the numbers (the month you are talking about) but I got a call a few weeks later, even though it could have been up to 2 months til they got the numbers, I was told. So you never know it may not even be that long for you
Reply 798
Yeah, they were the first things to be done. I heard through the grapevine at work that my references were asked for (this was only about a week after I got the call to say I got the job. Or maybe less than a week actually) It was 3 weeks today from the day that she told me the checks would take about 3 weeks so I was lucky. They should all be done together and they will be starting your checks already if not already completed. depends when you allowed Experian to contact your current employer I guess

Well thats it, i didnt give them permission, she was asking today when she can contact them, i want to leave it as long as possible but she said she needs at least 3 weeks, so handing my notice in 3 weeks before my start date
what did she say to that? Keep in mind, I was told it would be another month until they got the numbers (the month you are talking about) but I got a call a few weeks later, even though it could have been up to 2 months til they got the numbers, I was told. So you never know it may not even be that long for you

Couldn't answer it mate ...She told me that she couldn't really give anymore information as she doesn't know and would be in touch if anything comes up bla bla bla ..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending