The Student Room Group

British Gas - Trainee smart meter expert

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n12ead
Yeah you two just rub it in, I've still got 5 weeks before I'm at Leeds !

Haha yeah sorry about that
Reply 981
I got an email on friday about starting that it would be tuesday rather than monday because of the bank holiday but never recived anything about tests although i had only finished my time as a mechanic a few years ago and done all relevent math english and coms at collage
Original post by ChrisCyrus
I believe we all have to do it. I got the equivalents to a-c gcse in them but still had to do it. It's like online assessments. U need to be at least level 1 on each subject. And then u also learn it all again through your training
Anyone else starting in Hamilton on the 23rd of May?
Reply 983
Original post by Mcseee93

I was, changed to Leeds now.
Anyone starting in leeds on 3rd going to the hotel night before?
Original post by n12ead
I was, changed to Leeds now.

Really? Were you at the assessment day in Livingston on 5th of April?
Reply 986
Really? Were you at the assessment day in Livingston on 5th of April?

No I went to assessment day in Leeds in November, had me down for a 5 hour drive to Hamilton, but I kept asking them and they finally changed it to Leeds the other week, start 6th June now
Reply 987
I only live hour and half from Leeds

A start hamilton on the 3rd of may buddy
Reply 989
Anyone 6th June Leeds ??
Anyone Leicester 16th May
Reply 991
Assessment day next Weds (Brands Hatch)

Any tips??
Original post by YZF13s

Any tips??

Theres about 50 pages of them lol. Be calm. I read every single page about 20 times to prepare.
Original post by YZF13s

Any tips??

Don't leave it too late when braking on turn 12 .. Only messing... Just be yourself, don't lie as you'll get caught out, be confident

Speak up on group exercise but don't try and take control.

Be safe when on practical exercise ie, gloves and goggle before touching anything.

Research British Gas as you'll be asked about the company. You'll also be asked what you think the average day of a smart metering expert is.

Be confident and good luck
Original post by J0NB0Y86
A start hamilton on the 3rd of may buddy

Nice one pal, are you getting accommodation or do you live close enough?
A live close pal a stay in stirling so not a far drive for me what about you
Hey guy's. I've got my assessment on Tuesday in Dartford for a role in Hertfordshire. I'm really excited, and my process has taken about a week to get this far which is making me think the numbers low in my area.
My concern is like what was said about about the grades which I must've overlooked. I think on my CV I've always bumped up my grades because it's never been checked. I got a B in English, and a D in maths I think. I do have an A level but in Btec sport which is irrelevant. Do you think I should say anything?
Original post by Joshwilky93
Hey guy's. I've got my assessment on Tuesday in Dartford for a role in Hertfordshire. I'm really excited, and my process has taken about a week to get this far which is making me think the numbers low in my area.
My concern is like what was said about about the grades which I must've overlooked. I think on my CV I've always bumped up my grades because it's never been checked. I got a B in English, and a D in maths I think. I do have an A level but in Btec sport which is irrelevant. Do you think I should say anything?

When you get to assessment the first thing they do is make copies of your qualification certificates.

Don't lie as you'll be caught out, just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I have a gnvq in IT. Googled it and it is equivalent to like 3 gcse at grade a-c i think so i was gonna say that if they questioned the fact my gcse results were rubbish. But it was fine. Google what your btec is equivalent to because ln the advert im sure it asks for gcse's or equivalent
Reply 999

I'd make out you couldn't remember your exact grades until you found the GCSE certificates, hence why your cv shows the wrong grades, you only just realised when you got the actual certificates out the loft blah blah they're not going to send you home once your there, and like people say I don't think your actual academic qualifications really matter, it's all customer based and their main priority is employing people who know how to treat customers aswel as do the job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending