The Student Room Group

British Gas - Trainee smart meter expert

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zonked11
Have my assessment this Thursday, quite nervous to say the least as I really want to get this job.

Anybody who's been there/done that have any words of wisdom??

:smile:

Be yourself and don't get caught out ( don't lie )
Reply 1181
Hi I have my assessment day on Wednesday and I seen they ask you about the principles, do you have to tell them what is said underneath each principle or just the points.

Thanks in advance
Some very helpful pieces of writing guys!

I applied for this last year but was placed into the "talent pool" after my telephone interview as there were no more vacancies in my area. I've got my assessment in Cardiff this Thursday AM. Was wondering if anyone else has this invite too?

I remember stobo91 and zanon from last year. Was just wondering how you guy's got on?

Chris
Have my assessment this Thursday, quite nervous to say the least as I really want to get this job.

Anybody who's been there/done that have any words of wisdom??

Is this in Cardiff mate?

Chris
Reply 1184
Original post by llchr15ll
Is this in Cardiff mate?

Chris

Hi mate, I'm on assessment in Cardiff this Thursday AM, how you feeling about the day?! I haven't had an interview for about 10 years 😕
Original post by Gags
Hi mate, I'm on assessment in Cardiff this Thursday AM, how you feeling about the day?! I haven't had an interview for about 10 years 😕

Mate, try to not worry about it too much. If you give a good read over this thread and research into BG you should be ok. theres some really sound advice on here and I found it all quite comforting.

I'm personally really excited for it. My girlfriend is getting a bit fed up with me going about it though lol

Whats your name btw? I'll keep a look out for you on the day.

Chris
Original post by Tony7
Hi I have my assessment day on Wednesday and I seen they ask you about the principles, do you have to tell them what is said underneath each principle or just the points.

Thanks in advance

How did you get on after? Hope it went well by the way!
Reply 1187
How did you get on after? Hope it went well by the way!

Yeah it was good mate, it was very laid back and you can refer to your notes in the interview, group discussion was easy as well and so the practical, in your colour blind test some of them haven't got numbers so you just say can't see a number, had a good laugh with all the assessers.
Just got to wait up to 5 days to hear back now so got fingers an everything crossed.
Reply 1188
Original post by Tony7
Yeah it was good mate, it was very laid back and you can refer to your notes in the interview, group discussion was easy as well and so the practical, in your colour blind test some of them haven't got numbers so you just say can't see a number, had a good laugh with all the assessers.
Just got to wait up to 5 days to hear back now so got fingers an everything crossed.

Hi thanks for sharing your experience, could you expand a bit regarding the colour blindness test? Is it a pass / fail, on a computer screen / booklet? I'm slightly red/green colour blind and worried I won't be able to identify all the numbers. Don't have any trouble identifying standard cable colours.
Cheers Stew
Reply 1189
Ishihara test. Google it stew and look at the images. Some of the samples online are quite hard but found the book they give you to be quite clear. Some pages don't have numbers, some will have a line from one side to the other or just a pattern. Hope this is helpful
Guys if anyone attended the assessment yesterday in Cardiff and has heard back today.. Please spill the beans!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Reply 1191
Nothing yet! How about you. Will it be today or before next Friday? Good luck
They said it'll be either today or Monday.
Lol, my phone literally will not be leaving my phone at all 😂

Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah today or Monday.. but if you get the job I'd imagine they let you know first so I'm really hoping on a phone call today, nothing yet though!

:frown:
Reply 1194
Yeah today or Monday.. but if you get the job I'd imagine they let you know first so I'm really hoping on a phone call today, nothing yet though!

:frown:

I'll keep my phone tattooed to me then. Not heard anything but will post if I do!
Any news gents?

Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1196
Original post by llchr15ll
Any news gents?

Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile

No how about you 😔
Nothing yet. I hope we get a call soon though

Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a phone call about 30 minutes ago and was told I was successful :biggrin:

Will be starting on the 18th July at Tredegar.. can't wait!

Fingers crossed for you guys :smile:
Had a phone call about 30 minutes ago and was told I was successful :biggrin:

Will be starting on the 18th July at Tredegar.. can't wait!

Fingers crossed for you guys :smile:

Congratulations fella! Hopefully we'll join you! 😊

Chris

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending