The Student Room Group

British Gas - Trainee smart meter expert

Scroll to see replies

Awful company. Plain and simple.

As it goes, the training is dire, you're scored through the academy and sent out on path during with a 'mentor'...
There's no mentorship, you're just doing their work for them (now mind you, a lot of this has recently changed so now the SEE's do all the work, and the mentor just has to watch etc. Rather than the mentor and the SEE sharing the work and knowing jobs out).
When you come out of the academy I wouldn't place any bets on getting paid correctly, I can't go into detail - but it isn't always guaranteed. I'll just say, 'MONTHS late'.
Patch is dire, so whoever wrote that because there's more customers it means you stay closer home clearly doesn't mind the driving or has someone in scheduling sorting them out every day. The driving and travel is an absolute joke...and god forbid you work a Saturday, complete all your scheduled work then have a call saying there's an off supply two patches over and no one else can do it...what? You're the only engineer working at that point? That's the time you tell them no chance...expect to get it in the neck after though.
Travel is DIRE.
A LOT has happened recently, so I've heard...so now you're expected to be taking pictures of jobs etc, each month there's more and more responsibility on your shoulders for absolute pittance.

You go in and you're trapped, the golden handshake doesn't seem all that bad, but if you don't like it after six months it's game over.

As far as money goes, there's companies out there paying 29k+, at the basic end, every other company pays more with a few involving less work - check OVO, no commissioning etc - that's why the numbers oF jobs a day is more, because it takes half the time to do them.

Oh, and don't forget trying to blag people into needing a new boiler...you get paid to get boiler leads.
What happens when the majority of houses have new ones and the only ones with old ones are the elderly? Are they going to see the benefits? No chance...Who's getting it in the neck...you.

I wouldn't recommend BG to anyone. Shocking company.
That was 'rushed' and 'patch' at the start by the way.

Nothing like mobile phone banana fingers.
Just wondering if anyone on here working for BG has had their full pay rise early? I have read that it's at managers descrecion etc.
Smart Metering at BG is bollox. That Markus134 guy is a BG kiss ass and talks exactly like middle manager it's uncanny. Luckily this is the Internet so we can all be real. British Gas Smart Metering is a joke. They massively over hired in the anticipation for a huge demand in Smart meters but then that program on ITV with Chris Choi came along, followed hy that fire in North London which made BGSM adopt that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending