The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Reply 1
I'm fairly sure it's the university as it's not the same collegiate system as Oxbridge/Durham.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Yeah I'd agree. I think the 'College's are just administrative units as such. The degrees must be awarded by the University.
Reply 3
The degrees are indeed awarded by the University, you should even get the new posher certificates which dont already look like fakes (mine does!). Colleges are more the name of the accomodation than anything more.
Yeah, as has been said before, degrees are awarded by the university. Colleges are for accommodation and also take part in college sport (like inter-house sport at school) and do their own events (but anyone from any college can go to them)
Reply 5
Yep, by the Uni indeed, however, I found out a few weeks ago that we get them awarded in Heslington Hall, rather than York St John's who get them in the Yorkminster!!

What's the deal with that??
Reply 6
It wouldnt be so bad if you were right. But its not in the lovely Hes Hall, its in the ****ty Central Hall. They dont even have an organ, they play a CD instead!! The Minster would be much better but Central Hall isn't too bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending