The Student Room Group

What is uni of Leeds like for Adult Nursing students?

Hello,

I'm in my final year at college and have applied to do Adult Nursing at university. I'm torn between Uni of Leeds and Manchester Met , I really enjoyed the way the course was set out at Man Met and felt on the interview day Leeds was a bit boring. But many people including teachers are saying Leeds is the better university over all and i should go there, I need to decide ASAP. I'm from Manchester so I wouldn't mind going to Leeds , I just want to know what Adult Nursing is like there, I don't want to end up quitting or something.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks ,
Sarah:-)
To be honest since all nursing degrees have to have the same content as dictated by the nmc, i d say go for which one you have the gut feeling you d be happier at.
As for what your teachers are saying, i d politely ignore them as different unis can be good for different subjects and i doubt your teachers have a nursing degree:P

this website has results from student reviews of different unis/ course so might help
https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/searchresults/
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
To be honest since all nursing degrees have to have the same content as dictated by the nmc, i d say go for which one you have the gut feeling you d be happier at.
As for what your teachers are saying, i d politely ignore them as different unis can be good for different subjects and i doubt your teachers have a nursing degree:P

this website has results from student reviews of different unis/ course so might help
https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/searchresults/

Thank you so much Claire you've really helped , I agree with what you said, I did warm to Manchester Met more so probably best to go there, I get a degree and a job at the end no matter where I go tbh:smile:

Thanks again!!!
Original post by Sazyouu
Thank you so much Claire you've really helped , I agree with what you said, I did warm to Manchester Met more so probably best to go there, I get a degree and a job at the end no matter where I go tbh:smile:

Thanks again!!!

no problem, glad to have helped:smile:
Reply 4
Hey there! I just started my Adult Nursing course at MMU in March and it's amazing!! I have no regrets whatsoever. I had also applied to Leeds but I just wasn't feeling the university or the kind of lecturers that were there. I'm due to go on my first placement in two weeks so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by mandyyy6
Hey there! I just started my Adult Nursing course at MMU in March and it's amazing!! I have no regrets whatsoever. I had also applied to Leeds but I just wasn't feeling the university or the kind of lecturers that were there. I'm due to go on my first placement in two weeks so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Hi! I firmed Man Met , I'm really glad because I can really see myself there! Thank you I will! What subjects and grades did you get? I'm really worried about not getting the grades I really hope I get in!
Reply 6
Original post by Sazyouu
Hello,

I'm in my final year at college and have applied to do Adult Nursing at university. I'm torn between Uni of Leeds and Manchester Met , I really enjoyed the way the course was set out at Man Met and felt on the interview day Leeds was a bit boring. But many people including teachers are saying Leeds is the better university over all and i should go there, I need to decide ASAP. I'm from Manchester so I wouldn't mind going to Leeds , I just want to know what Adult Nursing is like there, I don't want to end up quitting or something.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks ,
Sarah:-)

I'm a UoL third year adult nurse, what do you want to know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Sazyouu
Hi! I firmed Man Met , I'm really glad because I can really see myself there! Thank you I will! What subjects and grades did you get? I'm really worried about not getting the grades I really hope I get in!

I did A Level Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and got BBB, but most people on my course did Access courses or H&SC so don't be too worried about your grades, I'm sure you did fine :smile: I hope you like Man Met!! I can't wait for September freshers haha. Are you going to be commuting?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending