The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick ppe

I am a year 12 IB student studying HL philosophy, History and English literature and SL Maths, ESS and Japanese.

I want to study PPE at Warwick in 2016 but I feel my GCSE's were not as good as they could've been and I got 3A*, 6A and 4B. Is it unrealistic to apply for PPE at Warwick seeing as it is a very competitive course.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by nsa123
I am a year 12 IB student studying HL philosophy, History and English literature and SL Maths, ESS and Japanese.

I want to study PPE at Warwick in 2016 but I feel my GCSE's were not as good as they could've been and I got 3A*, 6A and 4B. Is it unrealistic to apply for PPE at Warwick seeing as it is a very competitive course.

Thanks

Depends how strong your personal statement and predicted grades are to counteract it or if you have any extenuating circumstances to explain your GCSE results. Although, I know for certain Politics and Philosophy are not based on GCSEs but I believe the economics component requires you study HL maths and have an A/A* at GCSE
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by nsa123

Thanks

Hey :smile: I did IB and I'm studying ppe at warwick at the moment. Do you already know what your predicted grades are?
Reply 3
Original post by constanzev
Hey :smile: I did IB and I'm studying ppe at warwick at the moment. Do you already know what your predicted grades are?

I am predicted 40/41

Quick Reply

Latest